chapter 5

Elena was sitting in Rousseau's talking with Cami when Kol walked in. He walked over to her. "Come on."

"No. Why" Elena asked.

"You said that your her mother now so come on your staying with me." Kol said

"Who's this" Cami asked.

"This is just Klaus' younger worse brother. Who I hate Bye Cami nice talking to you." Elena got up and followed him out. She was curious about where Scarlett was."Where is she?"

Hayely walked over with Scarlett."Right here." She handed her to Elena she understand that she wanted Scarlett.

"Why do i have to stay with you. We still hate eachother, second i prefer living alone." Elena adjusted Scarlett in her arms looking down at Scarlett who was starting to drift asleep.

"You won't get out of it trust me. Klaus made me stay with him when i was pregnant then when i left he made come back. And somehow i'm living there again." Hayley knew from experience no matter what Elena tried there was no getting out of this. Even if she wanted to.

Elena's phone started ringing. She handed Scarlett to Kol,"I got to take this i'll be right back."She stepped back inside and answered it."Hello."

"Elena? Where the hell are you. Who just disapears for 6 almost 7 months without a note." Caroline scolded. She had really missed her and she wanted her friend to come back."Then Stefan left to and didn't tell anyone. And its just Bonnie Damon and I. Jeremy couldn't find you so he went to Denver. "

Elena groaned. This was really terrible timing. How was she supposed to explain anything. She couldn't tell them about Scarlett then she would be in danger."I'm fine Caroline. I'm not coming home. I have things that i have to do. I have a life. I can't have y'all living my life anymore. Its time for me to live my own. I don't know where Stefan is he didn't find me i'm sorry i gottaw"

"Are you kidding me. I liked it better living your life cause it was interesting the only thing that is remotly funny is that your ex-boyfriend misses you and is depressed. Other than that i got nothing." Caroline said.

"Bye Caroline stay safe have a good life. I'm sorry but right now there is something more important." Elena hung up and headed outside Scarlett was more important then her friends.."I hate my life i officially hate it."

"Whats wrong." Hayley asked.

"Caroline Called. I haven't talked to any of them in 7 months. I left with her went to Mississippi. I can't tell her anything she'll blab it to any and everyone that will possibily listen to her." She couldn't risk it she trusted Caroline with her life but this was her location could lead to people who wanted to kill Scarlett finding them.

"Caroline is a mood. She is not a bad person she speaks her mind. She wants things her way or no way. She likes her normal and hate change, She doesn't go after what she wants because she's scared she'll disapoint everyone. She's a great person. She's relatable but she lets people walk over her all to ofter she is often number 2 not 1." Hayley said.

"Then why the hell does she keep choosing to be number 2. I'm tired of being the one everyone chooses. They can choose her i don't want them." Elena knew it wasn't her fault about how Caroline felt but she just wished the blond had talked to her about it instead of everyone else.

"Let me guess Salvatores you only reason they choose her cause they couldn't get you. Or to make you Jealous. She was second to Tyler because Tyler has this obsession with getting revenge on my brother. Matt is scared of what she is. Bonnie hated what Caroline was." Kol asked..

"Oh shut up. You do not know her and you don't know me." Elena scolded."You know nothing about what we went through before you were woken up her mother and father hated what she was, as i was concerened she was my best friend."

"Your life got turned upside down because your the doppelganger. Everyone who has ever loved Katherine is obsessed over you. My brothers have been. My sister is obsessed with killing you. Your life sucks you lost all your parents. Jenna died. So you took it out on my family and tried to get us all killed."

"You tried to kill my brother." Elena spat.'He was the last family i had left. So don't even think you know what i went through. Your family deserved to die for what they did."

"Are you two serious." Hayley looked between the two. She didn't think that they were going to survive."Are you going to make it in the same house?"

"She doesn't have a choice." Kol said,

"Well goodbye be safe Elena. Don't get yourself killed. Same to you Kol I gotta go." Hayley flashed away.

"Lets go. She's tired"

--

When they got to his house she gasped."How long have you been back."

"A while." They walked in and she groaned.

She was getting irritated there was no way that this was going to work unless they could somewhat get along.

"I get it that we hate eachother but i'm trying here. Her mother is dead your not, I've raised her the first 7 months of her life. I've protected her and i've kept her safe raising her as my own. Despite the fact that i knew that you were her father. That i knew i would have to bring her back to this family. I could have took her and ran, left raised her as my own but i didn't i stayed close. I called each of them three, once a day for months. I didn't care what y'all did to me cause i know what family means to y'all. I left everything behind to protect her. I would never let anything happen to you may hate that its me but be lucky it wasn't someone who would have left her there or killed her. But i protect her witches came to kill her they took blood from her and tried to kill her. I've seen how you look at her. She's your daughter but she's mine two biological or not she is my daughter."

He turned to look at her."I don't trust you. Your the reason that Finn and I died."

"I had nothing to do with Finn i wasn't told what they were doing. That was part of the reason i left. They never tell me anything my life goes above theres. Well now its my turn to actually be selfish her life is more important then there's. I have no reason to kill y'all. To hate y'all now i made my peace with that. Your back your in your original body you have magic again. I'm trying to make my ammends. We don't have to be friends, you know nothing about children i've rasied her how do you think she'll feel if i just disapear. Your sister already hates me Hayley doesn't really know me. Klaus is willing to let me Stay Elijah has no problem with it. Do you?"

"Fine! This family could use all the allies we could get."

"I'm gonna put her to bed she's tired. And your getting on my nerves."

--
It was about 2 A.M Both Vampires were still awake not used to being in the same house let alone not fighting.  Elena was standing on her Balcony that was connected to her room looking out into the distance she pulled her phone and dialed her brothers phone.

"You have reached the voicemail of Jeremy Gilbert leave a message after the beep."

She heard the beep and took a breath."I hope you see this voicemail in the morning. I'm the worst sister ever but i couldn't stay and i couldn't answer. I can't tell you what's going on Jer. Caroline told me you left and that things changed and its probably my fault but i can't say i'm sorry. I have something more important to worry about and i know it sucks but i just wanted to tell you i'm fine and you don't have to worry about me. I know there not going to stop looking for me. But even if they find me it doesn't mean i'm coming back. I love you Jer bye." She hung up and took a breath."Everything will be fine."