[THIRTY FOUR]

Much to her own surprise, Sooyoung had avoided the punch for the majority of the night, making sure to keep her cup half full so no one would feel obligated to get her another.

Before, she was impartial to the idea of getting drunk. It's a party, after all, and everyone else, including Yoongi, seemed a little more than tipsy, but once she arrived, she was entirely put off the idea.

She sat on couch, her hands on her knees as she watched Yoongi actively and happily mingle with other party goers, with a small smile. She hadn't seen him so confident before, but she figured it had something to do with the liquid courage coursing through his veins. He did look back to her frequently to ask if she was okay though.

And she was. She was okay.

She felt happy enough, and she'd already danced with both Taehyung and Yoongi. But as she did, she couldn't stop her eyes drifting to where Jungkook had been dancing with Sohye.

They're a cute couple, she inwardly acknowledged. Sohye seemed a little awkward to her surroundings, and for a large majority of the party, she was very much latched onto Jungkook's arm, too hesitant to leave him in a place she didn't know, Sooyoung assumed.

Pursing her lips, she sighed. They bothered her, watching how happy she was with him, it bothered her. And this time, she knew it wasn't just because it meant she could very well lose their bet. It was irrational, but she didn't like it... she just didn't want to put in much thought as to why, too scared of what her discovery might be.

She liked Min Yoongi. She had for years, and she wasn't about to make her silent, almost creepy pining for him be for nothing.

Standing up, she decided to get some fresh air, the stuffy atmosphere and drumming music wasn't helping with the buzzing of her thoughts. Once outside, she took off her Faceless mask and pressed her back against the wall, closing her eyes for a moment. She could hear the low murmur of conversation in passing, Taehyung's backyard had become a gathering for smaller groups that just wanted to talk without yelling, but hearing the intangible, distant stings of conversation was almost soothing to Sooyoung.

By the time she opened are eyes, she almost yelped at the sight. Stood merely inches from her own face was Jungkook, a perplexed expression his face. He had taken off his bear head long ago, but by then it was already too late for his hair, which was now flat against his forehead with the odd tuft still sticking up.

"What... are you doing?" Sooyoung asked slowly, her eyes narrowed in suspicion as she tried to put space between them, although that proved difficult since she was already against a wall.

"You look sad," Jungkook ignored her question with his own deduction, cocking his head to the side, "What's up?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," Sooyoung dismissed with a snort, "You should go back inside, Sohye might wither away if you're not with her."

Jungkook raised his brows, a crooked, lazy smile stretched across his face, "Wow Choi, do my ears deceive me or do you sound jealous?"

Leaving no room for interpretation, Sooyoung scoffed, gently pushing Jungkook's chest to create space, but he didn't budge, "You're drunk, Jeon. Go find your girlfriend."

His brows pulled down as he placed his hands either side of Sooyoung's head on the wall, not to intimidate her, but mostly to keep himself steady. He wasn't completely wasted, but he wasn't far from that, "She's not my girlfriend."

Sooyoung tensed her shoulders, her heart hammering in her chest at the sudden proximity, "Good," Her voice was barely an octave above a whisper before she cleared her throat and shook her head lightly, "That means I still have a chance at winning."