[TWENTY EIGHT]

"Jungkook? Are you not hungry?"

Snapping from his reverie, Jungkook shook his head, turning to look at the girl sat beside him, "Did you say something?"

Sohye chuckled lightly, her shoulder bouncing almost elegantly with every note, "You're so silly, Kook. I asked if you were hungry because you keeping frowning at your food."

Sheepishly, Jungkook sat up straight, "Ah," He drawled, forcing himself to stay focused, "Guess I'm just stressed about school."

"I told you I'd help you if you needed it," Jimin spoke up, opposite Junkook on the table, with a welcoming, uncharacteristically large smile, "Come on, let's just have fun tonight. Studies and school can wait for a little."

"Wow Jimin, I didn't realize you were so laid back," His date cooed, brushing Jimin's arm slightly with a coy smirk, "I like it."

"Yeah, neither did I," Jungkook mumbled, recalling all the times Jimin had stressed at Jungkook for wanting to play games instead of doing his homework.

Jimin gave his friend a swift kick beneath the table, his facade never dropping as Jungkook cried out from the sudden pain throbbing in his shin, "Careful Kook, these tables can be a little unstable."

He almost wanted to cringe at how different Jimin was acting to impress his date, but to some extent, Jungkook had no room to judge. While he didn't necessarily change who he was, he hid a lot of his true self in order to look good to others. He had just never seen it happen from the outside since his two best friends were incredibly romantically challenged.

"Jimin?" Sohye smiled sweetly, gaining the attention of the man she was addressing, "Would you mind taking a picture of Jungkook and me?"

"It would be my pleasure!" Jimin returned the gesture as Sohye handed him her phone, the camera already set up for him, "Okay, lovebirds, smile for the— oh."

Before he could even finish his sentence, Sohye pulled Jungkook closer, tugging him into a passionate kiss, her lips moving smoothly against his own. Completely taken by surprise, the man stiffens, his eyebrows kneading as he looked down at Sohye's closed eyes. As soon as she heard the faint click of her phone's camera, she pulled away and grinned.

Clearing his throat bashfully, Jimin averted his eyes as he handed her back her phone, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. Sohye either didn't notice or didn't care as she scrolled through the two pictures Jimin snapped with a triumphant grin.

"There, I airdropped you one of the pictures, do you mind putting on your insta?" Sohye asked, eyes bright, "I'll put the other on mine."

Still not entirely sure at what just happened, Jungkook nodded slowly, "Sure..."

Sohye's smile widened before she turned her attention to Jimin and his date, "Thank you for inviting me, I had a great time."

"You're leaving already?" Jimin asked, quirking an eyebrow, though his tone lacked any real sincerity, "Such a shame, I was hoping we could hang out for a little longer."

"That's sweet. Unfortunately, I have other things to attend to, so maybe next time?" Sohye mumbled as she adjusted the collar of her coat, "I'll message you later, Kookie,"

Giving her a tight lipped smile, Jungkook nodded, "See you later."

With a saunter in her step, Sohye took off, leaving only three of them at the table.

Jimin lifted his glass to his lips, lips tugging upwards ever so slightly, "Without her father around, Jung Sohye is quite the character."

_____________________

debidu Ugh #goals you two are perfect together kimtaehyugme wait a second

kimtaehyugme wait a second.... is that my shirt??
jominhee I didn't want my dinner anyway

____________________

Why were her posts even coming up? I don't even follow her, Sooyoung grumbled inwardly,'narrowing her eyes at her phone before locking it and placing it screen-down on the table so it didn't disturb her for the rest of the night.

"Hey, are you okay? You look like you found out someone put your hamster on a record player."

"That's... very specific, Yoongi, do you have some childhood trauma you wish to discuss?" Sooyoung smirked, her spoonful of ice cream suspended just in front of her mouth.

Yoongu chuckled softly, his shoulder shaking, "No, no— I was just trying to lighten the mood, you looked pretty angry just then."

Sooyoung furrowed her brows, "Did I?" She shook her head as though to clear her thoughts of anything other than the man who sat opposite her. She smiled, pressing her elbows down on the wooden table as she leaned in closer, "Well, I'm perfectly happy. Maybe it's just my eyebrows." With that, she finally placed the spoon in her mouth, humming with satisfaction as the vanilla flavored ice cream cooled her tongue.

"You're still pressed about that, huh?"

"I will never not be pressed about that," She murmured, going in for another scoop, "I might do some field research, find out what Taehyung is insecure about then strike."

"That poor boy," Yoongi snickered, biting down on the chocolate wafer that was in their shared bowl, "Want some?" He gestured towards the wafer.

"You mean... like a pocky sticks?"

Yoongi's eyes widened, "Uh..." He cleared his throat and sat up a little straighter, "Well, sure." He hopped down from his side of the tall bench and walked round to Sooyoung's side, stopping just in front of her.

Even though she was sat higher up, he was still just a little taller than him and she swallowed thickly. They hadn't even held hands or anything even remotely physical, and now she was about to eat from his mouth?

Her heart began to hammer in her chest at the close proximity, and then just before Yoongi put the wafer between his teeth, her phone began to ring, startling them both.

"Oh my god," Sooyoung buried her face in her hands as a blush spread across her cheeks, sobering from the her precious bumbling state. Flipping over her phone, she looked at the caller ID and frowned, "I'm sorry, I've got to take this."

Yoongu gave a soft nod, stepping back as Sooyoung jumped down from the bench, instantly forgetting about their ice cream, "Jimin, what's up?"

"I need your help."

a/n
disclaimer, the hamster
thing is based on a true
story. my mum did that
to her own hamster
when she was a kid,
because she's a dick