[FORTY-ONE]

damn okay wattpad, mb

Sat in a small circle on the floor in the living room of the cabin, Namjoon was the only one of the group fully utilizing the couch, his legs outstretched and crossed at the ankle, head propped up by his palm and his expression smoothed into one o...

Sat in a small circle on the floor in the living room of the cabin, Namjoon was the only one of the group fully utilizing the couch, his legs outstretched and crossed at the ankle, head propped up by his palm and his expression smoothed into one of bliss after playing his part as contortionist in the back of Jimin's car and then spending the next two hours unpacking and cooking for the group.

"Okay, so," Taehyung clapped his hands, "Just to recap since it's been like two years since we last went over the plan--"

"-- It's been about twenty seconds, Taehyung," Jungkook groaned, rubbing a hand over his face with a tired sigh as he flopped backwards, staring up at the ceiling with the hollow eyes of a lost man.

"Not to me," The former boy was quick to dismiss, pointing to the sheet of paper that was between them all. It had a very faint, broken and to be frank, quite poorly drawn diagram on it. He claimed that it was supposed to be the layout of the farm they planned to infiltrate, but it could have been anything if they squinted hard enough, "So it opens with Namjoon and me being the two doting boyfriends looking for their dog, right? We knock the door and ask to check the property—"

"— I don't mean to interrupt the monologue," Yoongi interjected, leaning forward with his brows pinched tight, "But if this is a pray the gay away situation, as you called it earlier, isn't it kind of dangerous to pose as a couple?"

"I was more concerned about the queer baiting, to be honest," Sooyoung pointed out, hugging one of her knees to her chest, eyes somewhat glazed over. She had decided to mentally tap out of the conversation the minute Taehyung had made the executive decision to go over their plan for a fourth time. She honestly couldn't tell if it was just the beer lagging his brain or if it was him naturally, though with what she knew of him already, she was more than happy to wager the latter.

"How is it queer baiting? I'd date Namjoon," Taehyung pointed, rather violently, at the man lounging on the couch, "It would be completely out of pity and we'd probably have one of those 'My friends made a bet with me to see if I could get the most undatable guy to date me' kind of trope, but— Wait, no. I'm not getting into this. The relationship between us and our missing dog is up for interpretation, I don't plan on us holding hands or wearing those matching couple shirts."

"I am so close to just driving up to Yeji's aunt's home and begging on my knees to get her back if it means I don't have to listen to you speak another word," Jimin whined, tipping his head back. His cheeks were already tinged a soft pink from the half a beer he had. He had never been one to handle his alcohol. Dragging his head back up, he sent a half-hearted glower in Taehyung's direction, "We can't do much until you've scoped out the place and need I remind you that we're only here for the weekend?"

Kissing his teeth diligently, Taehyung shrugged, "You may have mentioned that."

With a soft groan, Namjoon rolled off the couch and stretched his arms above his head before lightly kicking Taehyung's side, "Come on, we should drive up now before you give Jimin a genuine aneurism." They technically were supposed to leave an hour or so after sunset, not nearly midnight, but with the amount of traveling they had done, Namjoon figured waiting a few hours would have been more beneficial, especially since Taehyung's reckless driving had stirred a sense of nausea in him once they arrived.