[THIRTY TWO]

"Hey, wait up!"

Jungkook halted, quirking an eyebrow at his friend, though his lips remained pursed, "Can I help you?"

"Actually no, my life is very much without complications, unlike you," Taehyung commented, dropping his arm on Jungkook's shoulder, "Are you sure this is just a phase, Kook? You seemed pretty disappointed to find out Soo was going with Yoongi to the party."

In turn, Jungkook chuckled, "Soo is more than welcome to with who she wants, Tae. I'm really not that bothered, and besides, I have Sohye. It's not that deep."

Taehyung hesitated, trying to find the right words to articulate his sentence. They had been friends for a long time, he felt insulted that Jungkook thought he could brush off Taehyung's concern with a lie like that, but he decided to drop it. He didn't want to say anything that would confuse Jungkook further, "If you say so. But if I was in your position, I'd snap them up before the other person even had a chance to breathe in their direction. Love triangles are cliché."

"But you're not," Jungkook's tone dropped as he eyed Taehyung, "You're not in my position. And if you were, you'd know that there is no love triangle... just physical attraction, which will go eventually."

Taehyung dropped his hand from Jungkook's shoulder and gave him a tight lipped smile. There was no getting through to him, "Whatever you say," He relented, taking a step back, "But you know I'm definitely not above telling you that I told you so when this goes wrong."

"You're reading too much into it, Tae. Maybe you should stop binge watching dramas."

"Excuse you, they're clearly educational because I can see what's happening before you can," Taehyung mumbled, resisting the urge to roll his eyes, "All the power to you, Kook. Now, I've got to go make sure Sooyoung isn't trying to break into someone else's car. I'll see you later."

With that, and with more elegance than Taehyung's personality would express, he turned on his heel and headed through the bustling people of the mall, his beige coat swishing between his shins. Jungkook scoffed at his theatrical exit, though Taehyung's words still lingered.

_______________

Sohye 😈 @jsohye- • 1hOh no! Do you want to talk about it in dms? ♥️57 likes | 12 retweets

Oh no! Do you want to talk about
it in dms? ♥️
57 likes | 12 retweets

Just Namjoon @namnamnamjoon • 1h
You're beyond character development
tbh, idk why this is a surprise to anyone 😒
103 likes | 74 retweets

happy halloween 🎃 @jeonjungkuck • 1h
Replying to: @namnamnamjoon
damn, that shit hurted 😔✊
236 likes | 99 retweets

taehyung but as a ghost @kim.taehyugme • 1h
HAHAHAHAHAIFJEBWFJ BITCH
43 likes | 7 retweets

________________