[TWENTY ONE]

"Here, try this."

A few weeks ago, if someone had told Choi Sooyoung that Jungkook from her biology class was a massive food enthusiast and that she'd be eating with him, she probably would have laughed right in their face.

But she had been thinking that a lot lately. How much her perception had changed in only a short time frame.

She opened her mouth as Jungkook fed her some of the meat from the food he ordered. She quickly covered her mouth as she chewed, eyebrows raising as the juices tingled against her tongue, "Wow," She mused before swallowing, "I'm surprised you can cook so well."

"I've had a lot of practice," Jungkook grinned as he portioned the beef out for both of them.

He was on his break, and considering she hadn't eaten since her date bailed, Jungkook decided to keep her company. And if he was honest with himself, he was somewhat glad that Yoongi had to leave early.

When he saw them both walk into the restaurant, he was ready to hide in kitchen so he didn't have to witness them. He had no reason to feel this way, it wasn't like he wanted to pursue Sooyoung, but there was just... something niggling at him, like unidentifiable irritation at seeing Yoongi with her that bothered Jungkook.

"So, how's your date going?" He teased, grinning at her.

As expected, Sooyoung merely flipped him the bird, "He had something come up, we'll have plenty of date opportunities anyway."

Jungkook's grin faltered and he flicked his eyebrows up before scooping a spoonful of broth into his mouth.

Sooyoung noticed his expression and paused, her chopsticks suspended midair as she narrowed her eyes, "What?"

"All I'm saying is," Jungkook spike with his mouth full, unbothered Sooyoung could see all of it, "This is your second failed date. Maybe the universe doesn't want you together."

"You're not winning this bet," Sooyoung deadpanned before chewing on the beef, "What me and Yoongi have.. it's like, like a... genuine connection, you know?"

"No, i don't know," Jungkook challenged, suddenly disinterested in his food as he propped his elbows on the table to lean forward, "Please enlighten me on this genuine connection you feel for each other."

Sooyoung pursed her lips, "Well... he's..." Her words died on her tongue and she scoffed, "I don't have to explain myself to you."

Jungkook swallowed the urge to smirk smugly and instead nodded his head slowly, holding his hands up in mock surrender, "You're right, you don't. But when you do know how to explain it, I'm eager to know your answer."

"Whatever," She averted her gaze with an eye roll, "Just focus on Sohye."

"Oh, I intend to." He snickered.

Sooyoung curled her lip up in disgust, throwing a grain of rice in his direction, "Gross."

"Kook!"

Looking up at his nickname,'he made eye contact with his boss and nodded his head, standing to his feet, "Hey, uh, how are you getting home?"

"Well, my date was my ride, so probably by bus."

"You live ages away though."

Sooyoung shrugged, "It's either that, or I walk and I'm not sure I want to risk being mugged on a Sunday night."

Jungkook chewed his bottom lip, "I'll drop you home. I've got a few hours left, but you've still got loads of food to finish anyway."

Sooyoung hesitated. Going on a date with one guy and then be dropped home by another? If her mom was to find out, she would have her ass handed to her.