[THIRTY]

Does she even have her phone back yet?

Jimin furrowed his brows as he stared at the delivery status at the bottom of his messages. He had a sneaking suspicion she was lying about the condition of her phone. But it wasn't like her to ignore their messages.

Did he do something wrong? Why did it seem like everyone was growing bored of being around him?

After last night, he really thought he hit it off well with Heeyeong, but the second he dropped her off home, she texted to say they were better suited as friends. Just as all his dates had done thus far.

Was this why Jungkook didn't date? To protect himself from continuous rejection? Was there something wrong with him?

No, don't be stupid, he inwardly scorned, shaking his head lightly. His heart was still heavy from the night before, that was why he was thinking so lowly, not because there was reasonable cause. Yeah.

He was sure that whatever was going on with Yejin wasn't because he had done something at fault.

But still... he couldn't help the wriggling doubt in his mind. At first, he thought maybe it was because of his academic priorities, that was the reason girls rejected him so easily. So he tried to change himself in a way that made him look more laidback, like he could be fun too... and that still didn't work.

Was it the way he looked? Was he not attractive enough?

"I can't believe you're making me do this," A voice deadpanned from beside him, and Jimin pocketed his phone with a snicker as he pushed away the stubborn dark thoughts clouding his mind.

"Oh come on," Jimin draped an arm over Sooyoung's shoulder, tugging her closer with a smile, "This is like... a new step in our friendships. This is us bonding."

Grimacing, Sooyoung scrunched her nose, "I really don't like the way you said that."

As they passed through the door, a potent smell of hydroxide infiltrated Sooyoung's nose, making her eyes water and nostrils burn as she held back a sneeze, wondering how the hell she managed to let Jimin talk her into such a stupid idea.

The only time Sooyoung had visited the hairdressers, was to get her bangs trimmed or the edges evened, it never even crossed her mind once to even dye it a different color.

"Just think," Jimin continued, his arms still wrapped tightly round her shoulders, as though it was enough to stop her from booking it out of the shop, "Yoongi might love your new hair. You never know, it could be what he needs to find the confidence to ask you out."

"Shut up," She wriggled out of his grip with an eye roll, "I'm irresistible, even if I was bald."

"You know I love you no matter what, but you would look like a naked mole rat without hair, and I don't think I'm committed enough to deal with that."