[THIRTY ONE]

Staring at his phone, Yoongi pulled his lips into a tight line. The word 'Read' seemed to be mocking him and he'd fought with himself to retract his request.

Was he being too forward?

He thought she liked him, after all, it was her who approached him first. He was aware of Choi Sooyoung by face and name, but he never really went out of his way to find out more about his classmate— that was until she messaged him.

He was indifferent at first, just trying to be polite and friendly since enough students already had the wrong impression of his resting bitch face. But then the more they hung out, the more he enjoyed her company and actually found his mood lifting around her. He was nothing if not honest with himself, and he knew the feelings he had for Sooyoung were more than just friendly, and maybe it was just his own hopes that clouded his judgement and perhaps she didn't like him back.

Then again, he was probably looking way too into it.

Filling his cheeks up, he laid down on his bed, exhaling slowly as he draped his arm over his eyes. He had to do something before he was in way too deep.

Just then, his phone pinged, and he had never sat up so fast in his life.

A small smile twitched on his lips, sheepish at his own overreaction.

Me
I never really thought about
it

But we can if you want :)

Sooyoung
wow, this is basically like a
marriage proposal

jks 😳

how about we find some
costumes together after
school tomorrow?

Me
I can't, I practice my music on a
Friday after school. But if you find
something you like, send me a picture
and I'll send you the money
for both

Sooyoung
hey it's okay. i can pay for
my own, but i'll send you a picture!

Was this was infatuation actually felt like? Hanging on her every word?

There was no way he was going to be able to deal with these feelings on his own for much longer. He had to tell her, lay all his cards on the table and wait for her to decide what's best. His palms even began to sweat at the mere thought of putting himself into such a vulnerable position. But, he was a strong believer of if you never ask, you never know.

______________________