[FORTY]

i feel like one of those dads that say "i'll see you next weekend!" but then the next time you actually see them is your graduation.

hi! i'm... here, am i back? maybe i don't know, it's not like i haven't been writing, my friends and i have been... very busy, but i made a break just to write more for you!

 very busy, but i made a break just to write more for you!

no for real, look at this. we have 80+ docs on this masterlist of all the things we've written since july. (and i wrote this author's not back in october)

anyway.

"Respectively, this trip needs more women," Sooyoung observed, half-heartedly stretching her arms as the boys began to load all their belongings into the holiday home they'd rented for the weekend, "You know what, no, it's not even respectful, where are the women, Jimin?"

Freezing with the crate of alcohol in his hand, his eyes widened as he looked up at her, resembling a deer caught in headlights before recalibrating and adjusting his grip on the box, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, I know you did."

Scrunching his nose, he readjusted the crate in his grip, "I feel like you're forgetting why we're actually here."

"Not at all," Sooyoung shook her head, stretching her arms above her head, "I just want better company."

"Then what am I?" Jimin retorted, his tone dripping with bitterness as he narrowed his eyes, ignoring the quaking in his arms from the weight of the crate.

"Anyway," The girl coughed, scouring the area with mild interest. It was a pretty secluded area with only the cabin they were staying at planted between sparse trees and a large dirt track that they came down to get there. When she first heard about it, she immediately envision a grayscale, dilapidated cabin with rotten walls and murky windows buried beneath the deep foliage of a forest; the perfect massacre location, but now that she was there and the sun's setting beams were casting a soft fiery glow on the deep oak of what was a very lush, youthful cabin, she felt a little tension roll from her shoulders. It was very picturesque... although she was still convinced a massacre could easily take place here with little awareness from the outside world.

"Hey, has anyone seen Jungkook?" Namjoon asked, hands resting loosely on his hips as he stood at the edge of the porch, squinting from the rays of golden hour as he tried to do a headcount on those who were in the garden. Considering he spent the entire journey shoved in the back of the car, he looked pretty authoritative, like an overworked, pissed off teacher on a school trip.

"He's not inside?" Jimin asked.

"You think I'd be out here wasting my breath if he was?"

"Wow~" Taehyung cooed from his position nestled in a deck hair, a can of beer already in his hands as he was kicking it back, sunglasses on even though he was entirely smothered by the shade—which must have been subzero temperatures considering it was winter, Sooyoung mused, "I see someone's a little grouchy, maybe you should go for a nap."