Chapter 7: Genin Takedown! All Ten Rookies Face Off!

Почніть із самого початку

"Just wait. We're going to blow you all way. We've been training like crazy," Kiba said.

"What do you think we've been doing? Sitting around picking raises?" Naruto asked being loud like always. "You don't know what training means!"

"Uh, don't mind Kiba. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it," Hinata said.

"Huh?" Naruto asked.

Hinata started blushing again.

"Ignore my idiot brother. Unlike him, I actually train," I said making Kiba glare at me.

"Got that right," Kimi said agreeing.

I then watched Choji walk over towards Kiba but Shino stops him not wanting him to step on the bug.

"Hey, you guys!" A voice said. I turned to the new arrival, raising an eyebrow as I felt like I see this guy bed. "You might wanna try keeping it down a little. I mean, no offense, but you're the ten rookies, right? Fresh out of the academy? I wouldn't go making a spectacle of yourselves. Just cool it. This isn't a class field trip."

"Where have I seen his face before?" I questioned.

"You ran into at the library a few times," Kimi said.

'Yeah that's right I remember now.'

"Well, who asked you?!" Ino asked rudely, interrupting his answer. "Who are you?!"

"I'm Kabuto Yakushi. But really, look around you." As the group did so, they saw everyone else's eyes on them, staring daggers. "You've made quite an impression." Kabuto looked pointedly at one team, "See those guys? They're from the rain village..." I turned back to Kabuto as he continued his lecture.

"They're from Amegakure. Very touchy. They all are. This exam makes everyone tense, and you don't want to rub them off the wrong way right now."

"You can't help it. I mean, how could you know how things work? You're just rookies." Kabuto was saying.

"Kabuto. Is that your name?" Sakura asked. When he affirmed it, she continued, "This isn't the first time you've taken the exam?"

"No, it's... my seventh," Kabuto replied, a little sheepishly. At everyone's blank stares, he added, "Well, they're held twice a year, so this will be my fourth year."

"Wow, a veteran! You must really be an expert by now!"

"Yeah, sort of."

"Cool!" Naruto exclaimed, "You can give us all the inside tips!"

Shikamaru muttered "Yeah, some expert. He's never passed!"

Kabuto scratched the back of his head, embarrassed, "Well, seventh time's the charm, that's what they say, huh?"

"So, I guess all of those rumors about the exam being tough are true... Oh man, I knew this was gonna be a drag..."

Kabuto reached into the pouch on his hip, "Hold on, maybe I can help you kids out a little." He pulled a deck of cards out, holding them up. "With my..." 

"Ninja Info Cards," I said recognizing those cards.

"How you even meet him?" Hinata asked.

"Oh, he helped me find a scroll in the library about the legendary Sannin. I have always been a fan of them so I wanted to learn about them," I replied.

Hinata nodded.

"These cards have been encoded with chakra with everything I've learned over the past four years." Kabuto knelt, placing the cards on the ground. "I've got more than 200 of them. So you see, I haven't been completely wasting my time. They may not look like much to the naked eye," he turned one face-up, "In fact, they appear blank. Don't want just anyone seeing this stuff. You see, I'm using my chakra to reveal their secrets, like this, for example." He spun the card around, made a hand sign, and a map appeared on the card.