Chapter 33

The Apocalypse

Y/n POV

We carefully walked down the stairs and approached the door.

I glanced at Mina and she got her SMG ready.

The others got out their baseball bats.

I opened the door quickly and cowered behind Mina.

After a while, Mina tapped my wrist and I emerged from my hiding position behind her.

I sighed and looked at my arms.

They feel so weak. I could've easily taken down one of those zombies a few weeks ago. I thought sadly.

You'll recover. Your body is just going through some backlash from defeating an extremely powerful pathogen. The voice said.

The zombie virus? I thought.

Survive this and I'll explain later. The voice said.

I nodded mentally before I got up and looked at Mina.

"You were just staring ahead for a while." Mina whispered to me.

'I'm fine.' I mouthed to her.

She glanced at me with a worried expression before kissing me.

My face immediately reddened and I gave out a small gasp.

"Just in case." Mina murmured before gesturing everyone to move forward.

I followed them after I shook my head.

Get it together Y/n. You have to survive. I thought to myself.

We walked forward until we heard loud screeching and saw the edge of a seething mass of bodies that was moving forward slowly.

I froze and looked to see if any of them had noticed us.

Apparently, they were too busy with whatever was in front of them to pay much attention to us.

If that's Sana and Chaeyoung they're focused on..... I thought.

I nodded at the others and held up the airhorns.

They nodded as well and held up their airhorns.

When I blow these airhorns, do it. I thought and I felt the voice nod.

I held up three fingers.

Then, I held up two fingers.

Then, I held up one finger.

"Come at us you freaks!!" We heard a high-pitched voice exclaim.

We glanced at each other.

Definitely Sana. Me and Mina thought and nodded at each other.

We held up the airhorns and I made a fist.

Now!! I thought in my mind while Nayeon shouted, "Now!!!"

All of our airhorns went off at once making a huge noise.

But what I heard was suddenly a cacophany of voices surging into my head at once.

Food. Food. Food. FOOD! Noise? Food!! THERE!! 

I heard a lot of voices all saying that once and bombarding my mind with all of that noise.

I tilted my head and winced before collapsing and squeezing my eyes shut as I could barely concentrate on anything besides the deafening noise.

It sounded like a thousand of those Hello Kitty airhorns were going off right next to my ears and saying, "Food! There!" repeatedly.

Tears went out of my eyes as I felt a huge headache washing over me.

I was so out of it that I didn't notice Nayeon and Yuna lifting me up and carrying me while Mina fired on some zombies before running after us.

After a while, the noise disappeared and I could open my eyes again without my headache worsening.

W-What was that? I thought.

The voice remained silent so I shook my head before glancing up to see a huge crowd of zombies running straight for us.

But I noticed those in the back suddenly looked confused for a second before following the rest of them.

I hope Sana and Chaeyoung are okay. I thought.

Sana POV

"Come at us you freaks!!" I shouted and raised my weapon ready to strike at whatever came close.

Suddenly, I heard multiple airhorns go off and almost all of the crowd suddenly turned their heads towards a hallway.

They ran down there with the zombies nearest to us pausing before walking towards us again.

Was that Y/n? Guess I have to do her now. I thought glancing at the back of the zombie crowd that ran down the hallway before licking my lips in anticipation.

A zombie leaped at me and I slammed me fire extinguisher into their face before backing away. 

There were about nine zombies in front of us.

Fudge. We can't defeat them without one of us going down. I thought before an arrow zipped through the air and impaled itself into the nape of a zombie in front of us.

"Hey uglies!!" A voice shouted and we looked to see Sakura run right towards a zombie and slam her axe into it.

A nearby zombie was about to leap at her before another arrow appeared out of the neck of another zombie.

Jeongyeon leaped forward out of nowhere and slammed a metal rod at some zombies knocking them to the side before sweeping it to the side and knocking some more down.

I snapped myself out of my initial shock and slammed the fire extinguisher into the face of a fallen zombie while Chaeyoung kicked another one back into another arrow. 

Two more girls appeared and brandished metal baseball bats that knocked several zombies backwards.

A zombie got up and knocked me backwards before I could swing my fire extinguisher and I was knocked down as I kept it back with the extinguisher.

"Urgh! Get off me! I'm a top!!" I yelled and struggled before I saw another zombie leap at me.

Suddenly an axe came out of nowhere and hit the zombie in the nape.

I looked up to see Sakura kill the zombie with another strike.

I then saw a metal rod reach out and knock off the zombie on me.

"Move!!" Jeongyeon shouted and I rolled out of the way before Jeongyeon slammed the metal rod into the face of a nearby zombie and it fell out the window.

I lied there on the ground for a while panting before Jeongyeon and Tzuyu appeared above me.

Oh so that's who was shooting the arrows. I thought.

"You made Y/n mad at us." Jeongyeon and Tzuyu said with an emotionless tone.

Uh. Oh. I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another update!! Wow you're the best author-nim ever!!

I know. I know. No need to thank me. Just me being the best one there is.

Alex. What are you doing here? I'm writing!!! 

Whew. Sorry about that. That's Alex. Lila's fiancee

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

See you next chapter!!!!!