Chapter 1

Before the Apocolypse

Y/n POV

*Beep!! Beep!!!!*

"Ugghhhh.." I moaned as the alarm clock screamed at me waking me up.

I got up with my eyes still closed and slammed my hand down on the alarm clock silencing it.

I went back to cuddling with my wife, Pillow-chan.

"Don't worry...Alarm-kun is just jealous of us." I murmured into my pillow hugging it tightly as I felt the cold air hit my body.

Suddenly, my alarm clock started screaming at me again and I moaned and stretched out my body.

"Aishh! Fine!" I said getting up and pouting at the alarm clock.

I hit the button on it and it stopped screaming at me.

I caressed my pillow.

"Don't worry Jagi. I'll be back and we can cuddle later." I said softly and got up stretching my body.

I went downstairs and I started preparing my breakfest which consisted of some pancakes.

I hummed and turned on the TV while I was cooking.

News Reporter:  The UN has now released information regarding the pandemic that had ended a six months ago. Their report states that it was halted thanks to the valiant efforts of scientists, Choi Seungwon and Choi Seungreul. These two scientists had worked tirelessly to study and create a vaccine for the virus. While the death toll around the world was not as high as predicted, it still is quite high with over 40,000 dead. 

I froze and turned back to the TV as I saw the pictures of the two scientists.

My fists clenched unconsciously as my breathing became ragged.

I took deep breathes and tried to calm myself down.

I counted pillows in my head and closed my eyes.

Relax Y/n. I thought to myself. They don't need you and you don't need them. 

I felt my anger subside and when I opened my eyes the news had switched to a report covering the recent national archery competition and its winner, Chou Tzuyu.

I smiled and shook my head.

Amazing as always. I thought. Wonder how she's doing? She looks kind of thin. Is she eating?

I put the pancakes on my plate and ate with these questions still in my head.

I wonder how Mina is doing too. I thought.

I got ready for my classes and put on put on a T-shirt with a Star Wars logo on it and put on sweatpants along with a hoodie that had an image of a penguin printed across it.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of my apartment locking the door.

I looked at my watch and it read, 6:20 AM.

"Alright. Classes start in 30 minutes so I'd better hurry up. Let's do good today Y/n." I said to myself and made a 파이팅 gesture.

I ran to the elevator and pressed the button and bounced on my feet waiting for it.

The doors opened a few seconds later with a ding and I rushed in and pressed the button for the first floor. 

I bounced on my feet as I glanced at the excruciatingly slow speed the elevator was apparently going down in.

I looked at my watch and it read 6:23 AM.

Oh. Guess I don't need to be so hurried after all. I thought as I relaxed a little.