Chapter 8

Near the Apocalypse

??? POV

"Yes?" I said upon receiving a call. "Understood. It will be done right away."

I hung up the phone and turned towards my subordinates.

I nodded my head towards them and they walked out of the room.

Time to make a few calls. I thought smirking.

Jihyo POV

6 days later

I was making some octopus skewers because I heard these were one of Y/n's favorite foods as this is what got her interested in cooking seafood.

"Food?" Momo said sniffing the air and walking into the kitchen.

"Momo. This isn't for you." I said putting my hand on her face and holding her back.

"Foooddd." Momo said putting her arms out and grasping at the out-of-reach skewers.

"Momo. I just told you this isn't for you." I exclaimed.

"Who then?" Momo said walking in place.

"Y-Y/n." I said looking down.

Instantly, Momo's mood dropped and her eyes started tearing up.

She looked down and I heard sniffling.

"Momo." I murmured and hugged her tightly with my own tears threatening to spill.

"I-It's my fault th-that's she's there." Momo said sobbing.

"No Momo. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know what was going to happen." I said carassing her head.

She kept sobbing for awhile as I comforted her while somehow simultaneously cooking.

I put the skewers into a plastic container and sealed the top.

"Momo.....want to go with me to visit Y/n?" I asked.

She looked away.

"S-She wouldn't forgive me." She said.

"Yes she would. It wasn't your fault." I said wiping her tears. "Now stop crying and come with me. You've been secluding yourself in your room everytime you come back from classes ever since Y/n got into that accident. Come on. Imagine how disappointed Y/n would be with you."

I was speaking to myself as well since I had only been coming out of my room these past couple of days.

"Y-You're right Jihyo. Y/n would be disappointed in me. She wouldn't want me to fall behind in my studies and be so sad over her." Momo said determined suddenly.

What's up with her mood changes lately. I thought.

"Wait a second. You've been falling behind in your studies?!" I exclaimed. "You told us not to worry about it!!"

"Let's go!" Momo said grabbing the container and running out of our apartment.

"Momo. Get back here." I yelled running after her.

Time skip

We walked to Y/n's room and opened the door.

I saw Dahyun, Tzuyu, Mina, and Sakura gathered around the foot of the bed.

Dahyun was asleep gripping Y/n's hand with dried tears besides her eyes.

Tzuyu and Mina just continued to stare at Y/n silently willing their fiancee to wake up.