Chaeryeung Side-Story (Part 2)

2 weeks before the Apocalypse

Chaeryeung POV

"Looks nice. Air feels way fresher than back home." I said breathing in the air.

"Really?" Chaeyeon asked sniffing the air. "There must be a lot more cars over there now."

"You know what I meant." I said.

"Yeah. Freedom, am I right?" Chaeyeon said chuckling. "Anyway, let's get going. You can't stay here breathing in the city air like a weirdo all day."

"Fine." I said grabbing my luggage and following Chaeyeon to her car.

"So...now that you're here. What do you want to do first?" She asked me.

"You know why I'm here." I said looking at her.

"Yeah, but what are you going to DO?" Chaeyeon asked me.

Hmmmm... I thought to myself. What am I going to do? I don't really know the answer to that.

I looked at my feet and a nervous feeling came over me.

Wow. I can finally live life without having to look over my shoulder the whole time. I thought and smiled to myself.

"Hey! Watch out!" Chaeyeon called out snapping me back to reality.

"Huh?" I said looking up as I walked right into someone.

I stumbled backwards and fell down.

Oww! It was like hitting a brick wall. I thought rubbing my nose and chest.

"Chaeryeung! You okay?" Chaeyeon asked me inspecting me.

"Yeah. Just a little pain." I said shaking my head.

"My apologies. I should have been more aware of my surroundings." The person from before said offering me a hand.

"No no. It's my fault. I didn't see where I was going." I said shaking my hands.

"Yeah. What were you thinking about so intently?" Chaeyeon asked me with a frown.

"N-Nothing." I said rubbing my head.

"Hey. It's alright. At least no one got hurt unnecessarily." The person said smiling. "So sorry. I was just staring at that globe too intently. I have one at home but this one is better to look at."

"No need to apologize." I said accepting their hand. "Let's just say it was both our fault."

"Agreed." They said. "I didn't catch your name, by the way."

"Name's Lee Chaeryeung." I said. "And yours?"

The person was about to speak when my sister stepped in.

"I'm so sorry but we have to get going. I'm sorry for bothering. We'll get going now." Chaeyeon said dragging me with her.

"Wait. What are yo-?" I protested.

"No. It's fine. It was nice seeing you Chaeryeung." The person said waving at me.

I waved back as Chaeyeon dragged me.

I saw the person looking over at the big globe of Earth in the airport and stroke the air as if attempting to touch the globe.

"Urgh. Chaeryeung. You shouldn't stop to get know everybody you meet." Chaeyeon said to me with a concerned expression. "You don't know if they are good or bad."

"I think I can determine for myself. Especially considering I was exposed to one side so much." I spat at her.

Her eyes briefly showed a flash of pain before she looked away.