Chapter 66- Inner demons

You can only outrun your fears for so long. Outrun your monsters before they catch up to you, and here's the sad truth, they always will. No matter what you do, what happens they'll always come back. NO matter how much you push them down they come back up with more vigor.

It was dark. Everything encased my whole being. As though I was drowning. My eyes were open and yet I really couldn't distinguish between the darkness surrounding me and when they were closed.

I missed my friends and everyone else. I also didn't trust her. She did try to kill Caroline not even less than a day ago, might have been less than 24-hours but I had no sense of time at this moment.

I could feel the bear ground on my feet. My toes exposed to the soil and rocks embedded in the soil. I could distinguish where I was exactly. I knew I was outside, although zero light existed I still had a sense of where I was. My subconscious. 

I slowly walk in closer to the wall of trees that surrounded me. In a way it was serene. But even I knew I couldn't stay here forever. I wasn't prepared for her. I needed more time to face her. In reality, she was my monster. And the worst part was that she was me. I knew what her intentions were. She had a way of thinking that love was a weakness. So, anyone, I love she'll want to eliminate. I don't know why she hasn't actually done the deed yet, not that I want her to, it's just surprising. Maybe she wanted some sick satisfaction with everything, with everyone being there. Showing them that they failed, that I failed.

"This is bullshit," I mumble to myself. It was stupid. I mean why the hell is my subconscious a damned forest.

I start walking into the forest a blue tint started to cover the forest giving it a dark yet mystical glow. I stopped walking and looked down seeing that I was now in completely different clothes, and I had shoes on.  I had a cloak on along with a bow strapped to my back. Long ripped leggings were on my legs covering them from the cold of the night. I had around layers on top as well, Not really sure why but in a way it kinds made me look like Robin hood. But the female version.

"This is unexpected." I continue mumbling as I trudge deeper into the dense woods. I have no idea what game my subconscious is playing at but it wasn't fun. I let out a sigh as continue to walk. "My own subconscious is weirding me out." 

Finally, after walking for what seemed like forever I ended up on a trail...with bread crumbs. Why is this so literal? I continue walking following the crumbs coming to a small monument. I hear a rustle of leaves from behind me and turn around. Should anything else really be in here, minus just me?

"Hello?" I call out hearing more of a rustle. "COme out, I'm not gonna hurt you." I coax carefully. If someone could help me exit this place it would be utterly amazing.  

"No..." I hear a small voice say.

"You don't have to hide either," I say softer. "I promise I won't hurt you." And just like that, a small head peeks itself out from a bush.

"H-hello?"She mumbles looking at me, fear, and curiosity in her eyes.

"Hey, my name is Grace. Do you know where we are?" I ask stepping closer. She flinches back so I stop in my tracks. It seems as though she didn't pay attention to what I just said.

"I-I can't tell you. No one can...sh-she'll hurt us." She stutters tears in her eyes. She looked terrified. She looked hurt as well.

"Well, I promise I won't tell. Are you hurt?" I ask trying to distract her a little. It may have been a little mean trying to get information out of someone-is this even a real person?- anyway it might be mean but I really needed to get back, and the quickest way to do that was this.