Chapter 47- The Truth Is Out

There Grace laid in Damon's arms. Fast asleep and rained. Damon and Elena shared a worried look and stared at one another. Damon knew he had to break it off. He was just about too before he saw his little bird stumble out.

"Little Bird?" Damon asked looking down at Grace with worry. She was covered in blood and dirt. She had a thin layer of sweat covering her body. And she was also naked. He guessed she shifted to go there, the only question on his mind was why had she shifted? Wasn't she with Klaus?

Damon shakes his head of his thoughts and walks towards the cabin. Elena follows Damon inside and they all gasp as they see an unconscious Grace in the arms of Damon. Everyone was silent, in shock and Jeremy was the first to shake it.

"What the hell did you do?" He asks rushing towards someone who was a second sister to him.

"I didn't do anything." He defends himself. "I think the main question would be what the hell happened to her."

Very carefully Bonnie gets up to examine her best friend. The energy was shooting off of her body in waves it was almost suffocating. How the others didn't feel it, she didn't know.

"Place her on the couch." She commands Damon. He looks back down at the Lockwood in his arms and nods numbly. he wanted-no-needed to know what had caused this to his little bird. He gently placed her on the couch covering her bare body. He was pretty sure that if any male saw her Klaus would freak and kill them, so he was silently praying that he wouldn't have to tell him of this. "Jeremy get a wet cloth for her," Bonnie says.

Jeremy looks at Grace and hesitantly goes to receive the thing Bonnie requested. All the while Shane sat there watching. A small smile present on his face. He knew what was happening. After all, Silas always had a backup plan. he knew who Grace May Lockwood really was. Hayley's sister the only natural hybrid. A siphon. One who would help bring down the veil. She had endless powers. She was a crescent wolf, one who was an alpha.

Bonnie walks towards Grace and over her hair away from her face. Her arms were above the blanket that was placed on her. Blood coated her pale skin. But Bonnie noticed something else. Something...Dark. She examined her forearms seeing black veins just below the surface. As Bonnie grabbed her friend's hand all she saw was darkness.

A creature corrupting her.

Slowly, but tonight it had gained a foothold further.

She gasped and retracted her hand seeing the darkness on her friend slowly travel up her arms and stopping then vanishing. It was like it was fighting for release.

"What is it, Bonnie?" Elena asked walking up to Bonnie and gently touching her shoulder looking over at Grace in worry.

"Something is in her," she mumbles.

"What do you mean by 'something, witchy," Damon asked clear worry in his voice. Elena unconsciously scowled at that. Then she remember that she was his best friend and forced herself to stop, she also had Klaus.

"I d-don't know. It's dark though and is trying to gain a foothold through her." She explained. Then Jeremy came back with the cloth.

"Why wouldn't she tell us?" Jeremy asked upset. He handed the cloth to his sister who took it and gently cleaned Grace of the blood on her.

"Maybe she didn't know?" Elena suggests.

"Uh...actually..." Damon trailed off. "At Miss Mystic Falls she anciently killed someone. She said she saw Sebastian-"

"The Sebastian that almost killed her?" Connie asked shocked.

"Yeah. But it was a hallucination or something because when she came back it wasn't him." Damon explained feeling bad for not realizing something was wrong sooner.