Chapter 43- Territorial

"You ate all of the pop tarts!" I exclaimed my morning becoming ruined. I threw the empty box at Caroline. "You don't even need actual food!"

"I enjoy the taste," Caroline smirked. Somedays I was a morning person and others I wasn't. Well, that's an understatement. I was a pure monster. I needed what I was craving in the morning if I wanted to be calm. Plus I woke up from a nightmare. I was in the forest all of my friends around me dead, by who? Me. I killed them. I saw myself standing in the center of their dead bodies surrounding me. Black veins crawled up my arms and onto my face. My eyes pure black and not their vibrant purple.

"You know the S'more's are my favorite. That's why I store them here. When I had them at the Mansion Tyler at all of them. At Elena's Jeremy did. And at the Salvatore's Damon eat them!" I vent out frustrated.

"I'll make you some pancakes." She offers.

"Fine," I grumble. shaking out of my thoughts. "WIth blueberries?"

"With blueberries." She agrees.

***

That's how my day started. my head still in my thoughts analyzing my dreams. SO here I stood behind Caroline with a clipboard. Caroline decided to hand her jobs over to me. I tried to argue but her argument was that I knew how Miss Mystic Falls was supposed to work.

"What do you mean you're not coming? I don't need to remind you that your Mystic Falls attendance record totally sucks. Besides, you're a founding family member by definition you have to be here." Caroline says into the phone. Stefan was on the other side. Caroline insisted on calling him.

"Elena and I broke up." He confesses. As he does that I see one of the girls placing flowers wrongly and take it moving her out of the way to fix it. "By definition, I don't need to be anywhere."

"Does that mean I have a chance, Stefan?" I ask jokingly into the phone beside Caroline.

"Yeah, definitely, Gracie. I'll be waiting for you to make the first move." He continues and I giggle.

"Don't let Klaus hear that," Caroline suggests causing the both of us to erupt into laughter. "Did that sound as depressing to you as it did to me?" She asks redirecting the conversation.

"I'm not depressed. I just want to rip into someone's artery and feed until I can't breathe anymore." He says back.

"Holy shit, Stef," I mumble.

"Well, you can't. As your sober sponsor, I'm not going to let that happen. Try and sublimate." She advises.

"She said she had feelings for Damon," Stefan confesses.

"What?" Caroline says the same time I say. "I called it!" Caroline gives me a look and I look down at the clipboard that resided in my hands. "Shit sorry."

"She can't have feelings for Damon. He's...Damon, and you're you and I'm...revolted." Caroline says as we stop our movements to lean at a table. "You know, I'm gonna talk to her. I'm going to shake some sense into her clearly diseased brain."

"Yeah, well, I don't know what good that'll do. Elena's right. Being a vampire really has changed her." Stefan sighed.

"All the more reason you need to cure her." Caroline points out. "Look, we got to go and remember, there's sublimating and then there's insanity."

"I'll be fine." He says into the phone. I quickly snatch it and start talking.

"Yeah, and if I'm here by force you have to come as well, Salvatore," I say as Caroline grabs it back and hangs up. Elena walks out and towards us. "You know Damon's not that bad." I defend my friend.