Chapter 3-Journals

Dear Diary,

Yesterday I was kidnapped and almost taken away further. Elijah, who seemed like a nice guy, was staked. He was an original. Now it's about 3 a.m in the morning because I can't sleep. Once Damon and Stefan took us home I just wanted to be with Ty-which I learned he broke his curse-and we just bonded together. I told him about how I broke my curse but left out my witchy powers. When it started to get late we all headed to bed but I couldn't sleep. I have way too much on my mind to allow me to do that. THere's this 'He' Katherine and Elijah brought up cryptically. Then there's the curse and Klaus wanting to kill her. Maybe I should go read Masons Journals and see if he has anything about the curse? Yeah. I could go now. It'll keep my mind off of everything and give me answers at the same time.

-Grace

After confiding in my Diary I then decide to go change out of my nightwear. Everything is getting more hectic maybe reading will clear it up? I get out of hed and head to my closet and throw on some jeans and a hoodie along with a beanie to accompany the outfit. I grab my phone my bookbag.  I head downstairs and pack some snacks along with my grimoire. You see I kinda make my own spells because I don't have a family book of spells. I store the made spells in a notebook I had lying around but I cloak it to look like a regular notebook.  I then creep out of the Lockwood Mansion.

  I then creep out of the Lockwood Mansion

I start walking in the woods. The walk there is peaceful. It's times like these I can feel as though everything can just disappear. It's refreshing compared to the chaotic lives we all live in. When I'm in the woods it's just me. No problems. No rituals. No vampires. No supernatural. It's just me. Me and nature. Maybe it's because I'm a wolf and a witch but I really do love nature.

I remember the first time I had to turn. I couldn't lock myself up in the cellar because Dad would use it, so instead, I was free. I transformed in nature. The pain for the first shift was a major bitch but after it was over. It was me, free. Plus since I'm also a witch I am kinda nature servent. Or at least that's what Bonnie says witches are, me on the other hand-I'm not so sure. I'm a hybrid. Two species that weren't supposed to be together.  As I trudge deeper into the woods I catch Masons sent. I increase my pace towards his trailer just a little, until I reach it. 

The smell of vervain emits from the trailer. He was always paranoid about vampires. I tug open the door, surprised that no one's been here since his death. I was pissed off at Damon for killing him but I couldn't stop him. 

I walk around the trailer looking for his Journals that contained basically all information about Lockwoods. I find 6 underneath his bed. I take them and walk outside the noises of nature calming me. I sit on a log nearby and place the journals next to me. I read, and read, and read. So far everything is basic knowledge. Wolfsbane. The full moon. The trigger of the curse. Then I flip and something catches my eye.

Mates. It was a ting of the past. Something that's now nonexistent. A mate is who they are destined to be with. To love, to cherish, to protect. The mate bond cannot be broken. It's already formed since you two were born but will start as soon as you see each other. Along with the sent when your eyes meet they will change to your supernatural color (Wolves-yellow) instantly spark a connection. You'll want to be near them. Your mate can be anyone. Human, Vampire, Witch/Warlock, or Werewolf. Werewolves are the most common to be your mate though. Unfortunately mates are no longer a thing. The concept of the 'soulmate'  was eliminated by a witch who loved a wolf but that wolf found his mate leaving the witch heartbroken and jealous. She broke the line of mates but it's still something wolves think about. When the connection got deeper people would start feeling what they feel, pain, and emotion wise. Although this can easily be sorted out by keeping them separate when an immense pain of physical or emotional pain is caused the person would feel it. They would know their mate is either in danger or hurt. And lastly, when the bond is completely formed they are---