Chapter 23- Homecoming

I woke up from a good night's sleep and smell a delicious smell coming from the kitchen. I roll out of Caroline's bed and stumble my way into the kitchen.

"Morning." I yawn while sitting at the counter watching Caroline flip pancakes. "I didn't know you knew how to cook?" I tease.

"Haha. Very funny. Just because I don't doesn't mean I don't know I did pick up a few things from you though." She replies simply sliding a plate towards me. I'm about to take a bit and she stops me. "Wait." She then pulls out some whipped cream and melted chocolate and adds it onto my stack. "There. Now you can eat."

"Thanks for you permission," I reply sarcastically as I take a bit and moan at the delicious taste of it. "Damn these are good." She then slides me a cup of coffee as well.

"Do you just want to ditch school. We can head to the mall. Do dress shopping, go out to eat meet back at the school and decorate then you come back to get changed and we head there."

"Sounds like an amazing plan. I'm surprised I haven't gotten yelled at for being absent so much." 

"Well, you are one of the smartest students in the school," Caroline informs.

"Thank you. Now, what mall?" I question not really wanting it to be the one in town. They didn't really have great stores.

"One that's not in town." She replies smirking because we think the same.

***

We exit the car and walk towards the mall immediately heading towards the dress shop. Racks upon racks of dresses overflow. I walk towards them and start shuffling.

"We'll look for your's first," I suggest and she immediately nods her head. We walk side by side looking for the perfect dress for Caroline. I spot a glimpse of red in the sea of dresses. I pull it out and it's a gorgeous red dress that would look perfect for Caroline. I show it to her and her squeals in delight and rushes to try on the dress.

She walks out and does a little posing session for me.

"You look amazing," I tell her watching as she twirls in her dress. "Perfect."

"Okay! Okay! Your turn!" She squeals in excitement as she rushes to look for my dress. 

After about ten minutes of not being able to find anything, I spot something black. Curious I pull it out and look at the dress in awe. Caroline walks by me and basically forces me into the changing room. I walk out shyly. 

"How does it look?" I ask.

"Amazing. You'll knock any boy there dead." She says smiling. After that, we pay for our dresses and head back to the school to start decorating.

***

Caroline started chatting away about Tyler and him being sired to Klaus. I just tuned her out and continued hanging streamers. My mind wandered to Klaus and how he was doing.

"Grace! Are you even listening to me?" She asks her eyebrows raised.

"Yep. But Care, you've been going on about Tyler for the past 20 minutes. I love you and him and I love you two together but that's not my favorite subject." I sigh out turning to fully face her.

"I know! I just can't believe him! I knew he was sired but he's completely brainwashed." She groans out as she threw her hands in the air.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry that Klaus did that." I apologize on his behalf. When the gym was completely decorated Caroline pulled me out and into her car. "I'm going to make sure you look so hot that everyone will either want to be you or near you." She smirked at me.