Chapter 10- The Last Dance

Me and Elena are in the living room of the Salvatore house. They had a plan of giving both of us the house.

"Please sign here." The guy told me and Elena. "And here." 

"Ok." I reply taking the pen to sign.

"So this place is both of yours? They just gave it to the two of you?" Bonnie asked.

"For now," I reply. "As co-owners we get to decide who a certain type of person gets invited in."

"Your own personal safe house." Bonnie clarifies. 

"That's the idea." Elena answers.

"Wouldn't want to clean it," Bonnie says. I chuckle at her comment.

"Me neither." 

***

After signing the papers both of us head to the door with the realtor guy.

"Thank you, Mr. Henry," Elena says as I shake his hand. We both start to walk away knowing that the Salvatores would want in.

"I'm sorry I completely forgot," I say innocently. Elena sees this and walks back with me.

"Stefan. Would you like to come into our house?" Elena asks.

"I would love to. Thank you." Stefan says smiling at the both of us walking in. I turn to Damon.

"What are we, 12?" He asks smiling at me.

"One of us is if I let in, do you promise to obey the owners of this house?" I question with a serious face.

"No," Damon says quickly.

"Ok, suit yourself," I respond and start closing the door.

"No, wait." He calls out desperately. 

"Yes?" I drawl out.

"Fine." He responds defeated.

"This includes no secrets or lies, and we call the shots," I inform him.

"Yes Little bird," Damon tells me using my nickname.

"Then do come in Mr. Salvatore," I say as Damon strolls past me. Bonnie approaches me and Elena without bags. "Thanks."

"Wait, where are you two going?" Stefan asks.

"To school," Elena replies slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Huh?" Stean asks acting like he has no comprehension of the words. 

"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house just for the both of you to leave it." Damon scolds.

"Yeah, guys Klaus is out there. We know that." Stefan explains to us as if we were children.

"Right. But where? No one knows. Look I can speak for me and Elena here. We really appreciate what you guys are doing. And we'll be able to sleep at a pace knowing that we'll be safe here, but we're not going to be prisoners." I explain looking at them pointedly.

"Your way." Damon forces out.

"Don't worry I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. I know how." Bonnie reassures them.

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie me and Gracie is the safest place that we can both be." Elena tells them. "Come on." 

"Wait. I'm coming." Stefan says as he follows us out.

***

In history class, Elena pulls out a flyer for the 60s dance and shows it to Stefan. He shakes his head. Then she turns to me and Bonnie and we both nod with smiles on our faces. She turns back at Stafen and gives him a victory smile.