Chapter 48- The Past Comes Back

"Hey. Could you guys, um, excuse us for a few?" I ask the three standing in front of us. They nod and I look towards the peer that I was once on and start walking hearing light feet following me.

"Grace." He calls out to me no emotion in his voice. I stood a few feet away from him and stared down not facing him."Grace look at me." He says and I know there's no room for disagreement. I slowly turn around and see Nik staring at me already. I shift under his gaze and look up worried at him.

"Do...do you hate me?" I ask hesitantly. His features soften and he looks at me.

"I could never, ever, hate you." He says softly walking closer towards me and grabbing my hands. "I just want to know why you never told me."

"We all had so much going on I didn't want to bother you," I say my voice breaking.

"Is that what you think? That you're a burden to me?" He asks and I only look away as more tears come from my eyes. "Don't ever think that you're a burden to me. I will always put you first. You're my first priority. I told you I would do anything for you. I love you." He says cupping my face and bringing his face closer towards mine looking deeply into my eyes.

"I'm a monster. How could you love me? I've killed more than 12 people, Nik." I mumble showing just how broken really was.

"I told you this before Grace. YOu're not a monster." He kisses my forehead. "I was supposed to protect you. I was meant to keep you safe and out of harm's way, and I failed."

"No. NO, no. YOu always protect me." I comfort kissing his cheek.

"I can't lose you, I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you." He says shedding a tear.

"I'm never leaving you," I tell him pulling away and looking at him. "Always and forever."

"Always and forever. Now tell me what exactly happened." He says moving so we both sat on the dock looking over the water.

"Well ever since I came back I've been seeing things..." I trail off thinking about all of those dreams.

"What things?" He asks and I only look down only to have my ching grabbed lightly to face Niklaus. "Please?"

"Well, it started with the veins. THen the shadows, and that escalated to nightmares...voices, and...hallucinations."

"What kind of nightmares?" He asks.

"Bad ones..." I trail off. "I-I was in a forest and I killed all of you guys. I watched as I drained the life of each-each of you. I tried to s-stop it..."

"Hey. Hey." He coos bringing towards him. "You won't hurt us."

"But what if I do. What if I can gain control?"

"You will." He says confidently. "Now what hallucinations did you have?"

"It was about Sebastian."

"Who's Sebastian?" Nik asks carefully.

"The vampire who almost killed me."

***

The tomb vampires were just released well two weeks have gone by since Damon opened up the tomb. Well, I should say forced Bonnie to open it with her Grams. Anyway, My mom and I just fought, like always. She was always distant with me except when we were at public events. It became a pattern that I soon hoped for the next event in town, just so I could feel that motherly love. So I left to wander the woods. The woods. I always liked the woods. It was a calming place for me.