Chapter 33- The Mind of a Killer

The familiar warmth surrounded my whole being along with the scent that I came to know as Niklaus Mikaelson. A weight on my arm that held me down. While I was basking in this moment my phone had to go off running m blissful peace. I slowly lift Klaus's arm and tool over to retrieve the precious device. 

"Hey..." A saddened voice of Damon rings out. I quickly hop out of the comfort of the bad and walk down towards the living room. Once there I plop on the couch and sigh.

"Hey," I reply simply.

"Look...I'm so sorry, Litt-Grace. I know I said I would put you first and I didn't. I've been a complete ass and honestly, I don't want you to be against you. Even though I did what we did, I'm sorry. I don't want you to die. And I don't want to hurt you ever again." Damon rushed out sounding utterly broken. "Please..."

"I'm still upset that you and everyone else had a plan that basically tried to kill me. Can you-uh-can you just get the stakes and call it a truce between Klaus?" I ask.

"Sure. Can you come over? I think Elena and Stefan also want to apologize. Plus we also found out who kidnapped you. It was Ric, well, the other Ric, right?"

"Yeah. I'll be over in a few. I do need to scold Nik." I say. I hear a chuckle from the other side. 

"You know. I think we'd both like that considering that we have a 1 in 4 chance of dying." He chuckles some more.

"I told you." I taunt and then we both end up laughing. "I missed this. I missed us." I tell him. Then I hear someone opening a door upstairs. "Bye, Day." I'll see you later."

"Yeah, do you want to come to Denver with us to get Little Gilbert?" He asks hopefully.

"I would love to but, you did say you found out about Ric and knowing you guys he probably got a stake in which his vampire-hating alter ego hid and I want to do a spell," I explain.

"Ok, just don't get yourself killed. I'll see you later Little Bird." He says as he hangs up. I take the phone away from my ears and feel a strong warm pair of arms wrap around my waist. 

"Why do you always seem to be running, little wolf?" Klaus asks teasingly while nuzzling his head into my neck from behind. I turn around in his grasp and face him.

"Damon called. He wanted to apologize again and asked me to go over. I also want to ask you something." I sigh out.

"Mmhh?" Klaus hummus.

"Why use Jeremy? I thought we agreed that you wouldn't use anyone that I cared about. nd you dragged Kol into it. I don't want to get too into this because I will blow up and frankly I'm tired of fighting everyone. So I'm going to the Salvatore house and see if I can find the last two stakes. Look, Nik. You can't keep going after them. THey're all I have left, they're my pack." I sigh out. I give him a tired smile and quickly peck his cheek and leave. Off to the Slavators, I go.

***

I slow;y walk into the old building. It's been a while since I've been here. I think the last time was before the Mikaelson ball. Damn, that was a while ago. Feels like forever ago, when in reality it was a week or so ago.

"Hello?" I ask hesitantly walking into the house further. I saw Elena, Stefan, and Damon in the living room. Elena and Stefa look guilty while Damon is smiling at me. He did look disheveled but nonetheless he rushes over and wraps me in a hug. Once he pulls back I look at Elena and Stefan expectantly knowing that they truly felt guilty. Heck, I could feel it crashing out of them in waves. 

"Grace...I'm so sorry for what I've done to you. I had no right at all. Klaus is your mate, and I can't change that. I had no right to blame you for you being the reason for us not being able to kill Klaus then proceed to plan the death of one of his brothers. I know you hate me and I hate me too. I'm a horrible person to choose revenge over my friends. All you ever have done was choose us, no matter what you sided with us and the time when you needed us we turned on you. I was mad- no livid- when I learned that we couldn't kill someone who's tormented all of us since he got here but you're right, you didn't choose it and it was wrong of us- of me- to take it out on you. I know this isn't an excuse but I just want my best friend back...I want my non-related sister back." Elena pleas looking at me desperately.