Chapter 17-Chicago

I was curled up and warm. I felt a steady heartbeat and smelt the addicting scent that I've come to recognize as Klaus. I slowly started to wake up from my sleep. The air was different it smelt like we were in a city of some sort not the suburbs in which we were located in before. I felt the arms of the person holding me tighten as they moved.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." I felt Klaus' chest vibrate as he talked smugly. I felt Klaus walk with me located in his arms further away from the car.

"What are we doing here?" I heard the confusion in Stefan's voice. Klaus moved my weight so I was situated in one arm. I assumed he opened something because soon enough his arm moved back and pulled me closer to him.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days." Klaus responds and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Backed out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan replies casually.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Chicago, 1920's word was that the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off-limits then, which made everything so much fun." Klaus reminisced. " Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." I heart the annoyance in Stefan's voice.

"Ready to get down to business, then?" He asked him.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed I mean don't you want to move on? Why was Grace even here in the first place?" Stefan growls at the end being protective of me. "What's going of with you and her?"

"That is my business and if I want you to know then you will. Come, we're going to see my...second favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." After hearing that my ears started to ring. It was like static was invading all of my senses and I started to shake.

"Grace? Gracie?" Stefan asks worry clear in his voice. I start to turn my head as the ringing gets louder and I groan in pain.

"Grace?" Klaus asks shaking me lightly.  I toss and turn more as their voices get further and further away. It feels like I fighting something like my brain is rewired and is trying to break it. I get out of Klaus's arms and stumble around a little as my vision blurred a little and then suddenly clears as I buckle to the ground.

"What the hell?" I mumble as my breathing gets back to normal. Klaus bends down near me worry clear on his face. I glance over to Stefan and see a similar facial expression. 

"What happened?" Klaus asked me.

"I-I don't know. It felt like my brain was-was trying to rewire itself. Like it was trying to break something..." I explain as I get up.

"Easy, love," Klaus says smirking at me as I stumble a little.

"Where are we? Chicago? Did we drive for 9 hours straight to get here?" I ask.

"Yes we did, love. I thought I'd take Stefan back on a small  trip down memory lane." He explains looking at Stef. I yawn and stretch now being fully away.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go to your second favorite witch." I say as I move back to the car and hop in Klaus hoping in after me smiling. Stefan comes in soon after not looking happy.

***

He replied to us that we were going to visit a bar because that's where his witch was. We walked into the empty bar.