♡Joonie♡

Jungkook POV

The night grew long, and soon it was midnight. Everyone decided it was too late to go home.

So, sleepover at my place!

Surely, my dad wouldn't show up during the sleepover. He was probably losing all of our money at the same old casino.

If we have to move again, i'm going to be furious. I already pay a lot of our bills with that convenience  store job.

You don't know how many times people have asked me to eat with them but I had to be like- sorry! I'm to busy paying of my fathers debt and bills!

Well, I didn't say that, but that's what goes through my mind.

It's a relief i've been able to hang out with Jimin after school or i'd end up with five girlfriends and eighteen fights all over again.

Not all at the same time, of course.

It's not necessarily my fault- well, okay, it is. But how else was I supposed to stay out the house?

I didn't necessarily like coming home to hear my dad blame me for our financial losses. You spend all your money on art! Why don't you sell your pieces, make use of it! You're basically useless! It's not even art- it's scribbles.

Mom always said people say things they don't mean when they're upset. Like when I bragged about protecting Jimin from bullies- but my dad is consistent. Good thing by night he's black out drunk and unable to form sentences.

The only person who really knew about this was Namjoon- who'd let me sleepover on those nights.

I grabbed a bunch of sleeping bags and spread them around the living room floor. I also spread blankets on the couch for Yoongi and Jimin.

"I can sleep anywhere, but the couch is preferred." Yoongi had said, half asleep.

"I sleep on the floor all the time." Hobi had told me. "Me and my siblings had to when we moved. Good times. I can sleep with the sleeping bag."

"I-I can sleep on the floor," Jimin said in his usual adorable tone.

"No!" everyone had insisted.

So here we were, snuggling into our bags and blankets, whispering soft good nights to eachother.

Once the lights flicked off, I dozed into dreamland.

( "Bun Bun, don't you look so handsome in that tuxedo of yours?"

It was bright outside, the sun beaming through our windows. I did a twirl for my mom, displaying everyone bit of me.

"I think I look great!" I giggled.

"You always look great, baby." My tiny body was scooped up in warm welcoming arms. A face too bright for me to see faced me. Long hair grazed my arm. "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"Where's dad going to work now?"

"Well, he- uhm, he..." she cast a worried glance towards the opening door.

"You bought him a tux." was the first thing dad said upon entering the house.

"Well I- I-"

A slap echoed across the room, but there was no sting on my cheek. "Jungkook, sweetie, go upstairs."

I obeyed, as usual, and fell asleep to cries.

When I woke up, however, the house was quiet. A cream of the floorboards alerted me.

I rushed downstairs, finding my mom in the doorway.

"Mommy?" my voice was hush. "Where are you going?"

"To grandmas house. We're going far away."

"Vacation?" I giggled. "Take me with you!"

"Nono I-" she cast a glance outside. "You must stay here. Keep your dad company."

"But daddy doesn't like me." I insisted. "He says i'm no good. Good for nothing."

"Well," tears brimmed in her eyes. "You're useless, yes. And so is your dad. So stay!"

"But! I can be useful!"

"Just stay!" she shouted. "Just- i'm leaving.")

I woke up in a sweat- trembling, again.

"J-Joonie." I called out into the darkness. "Namjoon."

"Hey, Jungkook. I'm here."

A strong arm wrapped around me and I sobbed silently. A common night ritual, being comforted by Joonie.

"Namjoon i'm not- i'm not- i'm not..."

"We've been over this." his voice was stern and sleepy. "You're not. I'm here, please rest."

So I did. And the next morning- was bright.

///

Sorry for leaving y'all hanging- i'll try to update 'Something about Mr.Jeon.' as well- (/▽\)

Also PLZ keep commenting I love reading what you think ')