♡Angel, Mochi♡

Usually, I'd be frightened to be in a basement with someone I don't really know. But, this someone happened to be Jeon Jungkook. They weren't too much of a stranger.

The light clicked on and there was a slight buzzing. The room was illuminated and I saw portraits displayed everywhere.

Each was in black and white with splatters of color on some of them. The most consistent splatters seemed to be red and yellow. Maybe because they stuck out the most?

Majority of the paintings consisted of a lone woman, walking into the distance or being loomed over by a big burly man. However there was one...

One painting hidden behind a cloth, not hung like the others. It was more bright and colorful, it's corner only being exposed. It's most prominent color was- pink?

Well it was hidden for a reason. Best not to dawn on it and admire the brilliancy of the other ones. They were captivating, and...sad.

"Jungkookie, what is this?"

"It's my mom." he smiled sadly. "She taught me how to paint."

I peered at them once again. The moms face was barely shown, but whenever it was, it seemed soft and bright against the darkness.

"Where is s-she?"

"She left. She left when-" he looked at my direction. "Sorry, you don't want to hear this. Why am I telling you this?"

"N-No! You can tell me anything." I put my hand on his shoulder reassuringly. I had to reach up a bit just to touch it.

He sighed. "Well, really, thats your answer. That's why. That's why I got so upset with Taehyung. I just wanted to prove myself. Because- because maybe if I was a better son she wouldn't have left. I didn't need you to leave too..."

"Jungkook-"

"And that's why I asked you to be my tutor! I didn't need tutoring! I don't care about chemistry! In fact, I didn't want to dye my hair either! I was drawn to you, you have a soft face like she did. Maybe if she didn't want me you would but- but I can't force myself onto you. I'm sorry." he hung his head. "You just seemed so bright and I couldn't help it. So bright- and Jackson kept dimming your light. I just want to be your friend. I wanted to prove myself."

"Jungkook, you don't h-have to prove anything to me. Why wouldn't I want to b-be your friend? Everyone wants to be your friend!"

"No, everyone wants to hook up with me. And I hate it. Just because I look somewhat decent."

"Well that's not the c-case with me. You're fun to be around!"

Jungkook smiled before ruffling my hair. My shoulders arched in response as a smile crept up my face.

"You really are an angel, Mochi."