Chapter 76: Forgive and Forget

There the two boys stood, staring at each other. Both afraid, but of what?

Armen remembered what Collin had done... But at the same time he knew that it was not his brother that murdered his parents.

Collin remembered that look on Armen's face, when he had came up those stairs. The once energetic, pure ignorant boy... Stripped of his childhood and his oblivious nature.

Collin remembered how he had just started to gain back control over his actions when Armen had walked into the room, their parents' blood staining the floor and Collin's clothes. Armen picked up the note that Collin had left, to afraid to face his brother with the guilt on his soul. Collin couldn't remember what exactly happened next... But he remembered the splitting headache and then the pure cold darkness, the darkness which he thought was death... But if this was death then...

"Armen... Are...Are we both dead?"

Armen wasn't used to hearing his older brother so unsure and scared. He shrugged a little, "I don't think so..."

Collin couldn't hold it back, the tears rolling down and a sullen sob coming from his throat. His chest ached and his lip quivered.

"Armen I-" Collin hugged his arms tightly as if to numb out the pain of sorrows that weighed down his soul... whatever soul he had left. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for everything... For mom..for Dad... For-" Collin was cut off from his river of apologies when Armen hugged him tightly and nuzzled his head against him. Collin gasped softly as the sudden action.

"It's okay...it's okay... It wasn't you... " Armen sniffled a bit as he just wanted to comfort his brother like he had when he was a mere child. "I missed you Collin"

Collin hugged Armen and burried his face in the boy's raven black hair. "I missed you too Armen, I really did..." Collin hiccuped softly as the two bothers forgave and forgot the terrible tides of time that had thrashed their souls.

Both knew not what stormy seas laid ahead.