Chapter 50: ╎ℸ ̣ᓭ ᔑ ∴ᔑ∷

Piper paced around the main downstairs room, their boots, and the soft fire crackle was the only sound. That cursed letter, with its scarlet wax seal...sitting on the end table. Piper would have tossed it into the fire if not for the importance of it. 

Worrying...That is what Piper was doing. Piper rarely worried, so when Sarah came downstairs to tell Piper good night...it was easy to tell something was off. Sarah walked over to them softly taking Piper's hand and tilted her head concerned.

"Piper?"

"Hm?" Piper looked up at her and tried to smile. "I'll come to bed in a bit just...got a lot on my plate." Piper looked down at the floorboards only to be met with Sarah's hand gently cupping Piper's cheek. 

"It's gonna be okay... we are all in this together after all..." Sarah pulled Piper into a gentle yet warm hug. It was moments like these that Piper lived for... Piper didn't live for a new day, or for a new life... Piper lived for Sarah...to have a life with her.

"I know, I just... Don't want to make the wrong move, the wrong choice." Piper rested their head on Sarah's shoulder. 

"You won't... Your the bravest, and most incredible person I know Piper... you don't rush into stuff without think of others...and that's why I love you." Sarah smiled softly and closed her eyes a bit as the two stood there, both worried... yet comforting each other in the silence that was the night. Sarah wasn't just a friend, she wasn't just a girlfriend...she was part of Piper...

A part that Piper couldn't live without.

________________________________________________________________________________

The next day was frighteningly cold, Jasper had stayed up to watch over Drake...only leaving when Grayson had gotten up and was fully awake. Theo had been looking for Jasper for about an hour now when he spotted him heading towards the far east lookout.

"Jasper, Piper wants to see you..."

"Hm? Something wrong?"

"I have no clue... but Piper said it was urgent." 

Jasper nodded softly, "Thank you, Theo." 

Theo was left standing on the path as he readjusted his coat and walked towards the mess hall, Charlotte was talking with Mak in the main entrance to the Training Hall when he got there.

"Morning Mak... Morning Charlotte" He smiled softly, he got that feeling again after saying Charlotte's name. Sure they were a pair, but even then he still got butterflies in his stomach whenever he saw her.

"Morning Theo, bit late for breakfast aren't you?" Charlotte smiled.

"A bit early to be asking why I'm running late." Theo snickered.

"Theo your late, Charlotte you were early...I was on time...Can we just go in and eat already?" Mak huffed, she wanted pancakes...and you don't mess with Mak and her pancakes.

Charlotte laughed a bit and nodded as the three of them went in and grabbed something to eat.

"By early...how early Charlotte?" Theo tilted his head a bit as he sat down next to her.

"Well..." She was interrupted by Mak "She was here at 4am man..."