Chapter 62: I Love you too

The Raven took a perch on an oak tree as he shook the snow from his feathers, a moment to himself he looked around for a quick snack. Sure he could have snuck into the Dining Hall... but even he had standards.

He looked around before flying down to the snow and digging around in it with his beak. It wasn't long before he found a pecan and joyfully picked it up. He began opening it when a bluebird chirped at him and got closer. The Raven moved away before another bluebird flew down and tilted its head chirping. 

Before the poor thing knew it, he was harassed by the bluebirds until he was shoved back towards a trunk of a tree where he hid. 

"We are not welcomed in the world... we should not have come back...it does not need us."

Suddenly the bluebirds left taking the pecan with them. A voice spoke above them, "Pesky Bluebirds... don't they know that the world gives them enough?" A shadow crept upon the winter white blanket. The figure sat down and looked into the tree trunk, "You can come out now... they won't bother you anymore." The figure smiled her brown eyes full of understanding as she held a palm of seeds out for the Raven.

The Raven cooed softly as he stuck his head out from the trunk, He stopped and cawed softly before hopping towards the girl and eating some of the food. She laughed a bit, "Shouldn't you be with your kind farther down south for the winter?" The Raven looked up at her and tilted his head. 

"I don't mind you being here, but you seem a bit lost." 

"We are lost..." The Raven thought to himself.

The girl offered for him to sit on her shoulder, which at first he was a bit hesitant. He flew up upon it and cawed a bit, she smiled and stroked his feathers softly as he managed to nuzzle his way under her scarf. 

"There you are Koy, was looking for you..."

She laughed as the now cleanly shaven ginger dusted the snow out of his hair. "Afternoon Simon, How are you?" Koy relaxed a bit as Simon sat beside her, "This is Simon...and my name is Koy" She looked towards the Raven who cooed softly now warm, and for once relaxed.

"Ello, heh, I'm doing fair... however Jasper asked for me to go with him and the others tonight to Kurlin... should take us most of the night and a tad bit of the morning...but we'll get there." Simon watched his breath fog up in the cold. 

"I'm guessing you don't wanna leave me behind...huh?"

"No, no, I rather not leave your side right now... with everything that happened I just..." Simon sighed resting his chin on his arms. 

"I'll be okay, as far as I know...Charlotte and Bell are staying... Theo is uh...still debating. Poor guy is trying so hard to get the guts to ask Charlotte..." Koy smiled and ran a hand through Simon's hair. 

"Pft... he hasn't asked her yet? How many years will that be now that he hasn't asked her? two?three?"

"Three...heh. Hopefully, he tells her soon... I'm tired of the face he makes when he starts talking about asking her." 

Simon smiled and relaxed as he looked at Koy, a little blush on his cheeks...of course...Koy merely thought it was the cold.

"Well, I better get things packed then...as long as you are fine with me going..." Simon stood up and dusted himself off before helping Koy to her feet as her tail uncurled. 

"You should go... Might have a good time, never know." Koy smiled softly before Simon hugged her and walked away.

"Be safe Simon, love you." She giggled as her ears twitched 

The Raven cooed as he unwrapped himself from the scarf. He looked up at her almost thank her in a way as his blue eyes shined a bit.

"Anytime, now stay out of trouble my friend...just come by if you need anything." 

With that, the Raven left...his black feathers touching the wind as he thought to himself.

"We are needed here...without us...there is no hope for this parchment... no ink to these dreams... We will stay to give them light...to give them safety...We are needed, do not fret."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Koy didn't hear it when he had left but...Simon had muttered a reply.

"Love you too..."