THE AFTERMATH

Rebekah: Once upon a time, there was a majestic king, who lived with his noble brother in a colorful kingdom where music and art were celebrated. The king did not foresee having a child, but he lived in an enchanted land where all things were possible. In time, he was blessed with a beautiful baby daughter for whom he wished only peace and happiness. Still, the king had demons who pursued him.

 There was a ruthless beast who wanted to take the kingdom for her own. Armed with a pack of untamed creatures, she drove the other magical beings from the land, and there was a wicked sorceress with enchanted stones that weakened the king on every full moon. Seeing the shadow his enemies cast upon his home, the king was driven to send his beloved princess away, convincing all who remained that she was forever lost. The king, in his sorrow, turned away from the world. The castle closed its doors, and the kingdom fell. Some say that the only light that shines in the castle illuminates the shadow of the once mighty king in the room meant for his child, but as the ruthless beasts took rule over the falling king's realm, little did they know that he and his brother would not rest until their enemies were vanquished...For they believed that one day they would heal their kingdom and bring their princess home so that she might live happily ever after.

Each full moon, Klaus used to weaken from the moonlight rings. Caroline used to stay in the bayou, turning every once in a while to get her mind of things. She hardly used to return home. Klaus missed her desperately but knew better than to push her into talking. Caroline had taken Hope's loss very deeply. 

THE BAYOU

Caroline  wears a top after transitioning back. She walks towards the edge, sees a small doll and is immediately reminded of Hope's teddy bear. She wipes her tears and starts walking to the mansion. She had missed Klaus too and was grateful that he was not pushing her. 

THE MANSION

Klaus is tearing his canvases apart when Elijah enters the studio, "I suppose we could call this your white period." He jokes. "I am missing a crucial color in my palate. That of my enemy's blood." Klaus says while looking at one canvas and tearing it apart. " Well, I recommend a venetian red with a dash of rust." Klaus shouts, "It's been months! I've adhered to our plan sit... and do nothing, sell our grief, and now my child is safely away, and another full moon is upon us, another night of pathetic weakness as the moonlight rings steal my strength. The inertia is killing me. I need to act. I... I need...I need to spill blood." Elijah gives him a sympathy look and says, "Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that I've located the last of the twelve rings forged with your blood." Klaus smile weakly and says, " Then it's time!" Elijah says, "And none too soon. I am concerned about Caroline." Klaus tenses and continues sorting through his art, "She looks well." Hoping Elijah doesn't see his concern towards her. "She is no better that you. Now if you would treat her more that passing acquaintances-" Elijah says but is interrupted by Klaus's shouts, "I am trying to talk to her. She is ignoring me. I am trying to respect her wishes but she is not answering back." Elijah looks exhausted and says, "She is your girlfriend Niklaus, You have to help her. She is the mother of your child. She is adjusting to  her transition. No one knows how to deal with it better that you." Elijah leaves the room and goes to his bedroom.

Soon the mansion door opens and Caroline's boots noises comes down the hall. She reaches Klaus's studio and sits on the sofa. Klaus in the mood to give her his piece of mind about her disappearances  turns around but seeing her beautiful face red and full off tears, his expression soften and he bends down to her level asking in a soft voice, "Caroline, love, sweetheart what's the matter? Are you okay?" Caroline cries some more and hugs Klaus suddenly, letting her tears fall on his Henley."Please don't leave me."she says while crying.

Klaus inhales her scent which he has missed from the last few weeks

Klaus inhales her scent which he has missed from the last few weeks. He keeps whispering 'It's okay, you're okay. I am here.' in her ears. Caroline let's go of Klaus and says, "I have been trying to avoid it all, hopefully ease the pain but I can't do it. Loosing Hope has been the worst time of my life and I tried to come to you, but I could not get Camille's words out of my mind, that it was my fault. I could not save her. I could not come and face you. Staying in the bayou, breaking my bones over and over again made me realized that this is what I deserved for not being able to save my child."

Klaus looks heartbroken at her words and says, "No Care, sweetheart

Klaus looks heartbroken at her words and says, "No Care, sweetheart. You are the person who is the least at fault. I call myself the most powerful creature nut I could not save my own child and being a wolf will help you take out all the thoughts out of your mind. You live, there is no boundaries. You are free, everything is heightened." Caroline wipes her tears and looks at Klaus, " I have been a terrible girlfriend haven't I?" she says with a smile. "No, Care you are the best girlfriend in the world." Klaus says with a smile.

 Caroline lets out a small giggle and says, "I really like it when you call me Care. I wish I had a nickname for you." "You do, You call me Nik." Klaus says in a confused voice. "No, I want a nickname which only I can call you. No one else. Oh I know Baby!" Caroline says with excitement in her voice. Klaus stiffens and notices how the horrible nickname arouses him but then says, "Yeah, you will not call me that." Caroline notices his pants too and says, "Well your body seems to differ." while getting her bubbly nature back. Klaus smiles at her teasing and suddenly picks her up, taking her legs around his waist and hearing her giggling in surprise. "Fine we will make an exception. For you." He says before kissing her. Caroline kisses him back, opening her mouth deepening the kiss. Klaus walks towards his bedroom with her in his arms and soon the slam closing of the door is heard through the house. They needed this as a distraction from their daughter and it was a good distraction. 

A

A.N. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER. IT HAD SO MANY EMOTIONS. AS YOU CAN SEE BY NOW, I AM NOT GOOD AT WRITING SMUT SO DON'T MIND THAT. PLEASE FOLLOW, VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT.