Chapter 22: Ghost Of The Past

Listen to "Mansion" by NF while reading this chapter to get all the feels from it. And I've made little gifs for Leo and Arie to separate their POVs.

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

Point out any errors ❤️

——————————————————

          Red flashed before my vision the moment that name left Mike's mouth

Red flashed before my vision the moment that name left Mike's mouth. My hand instinctively shot out and grabbed the throat of the man who dared to speak it. He knew better yet he decided to risk it all.

          I slammed him against the wall with the sudden onslaught of indignation that blinded me. Every fiber in me raged, clawing at my insides and yearning to end this fool for his imprudent audacity.

          "Leave!" I roared for the idiots who were still in the living room with us. Once I heard footsteps rush out and the door slam, my fist flew toward Mike's face. Despite my hold on his neck, he scooted his head to the side right on time, forcing my fist to pound into the cement wall, the debris of which settled around my knuckles.

          "For fuck's sake," he hissed and slammed his fist against the bullet wound on my shoulder which dropped my hold on him.

I groaned from the tinge of pain, my eyes drilling holes into his skull. My heart raced frantically from the mention of Luciano's name, my clenched fists shaking with fury that I tried to suppress.

"You need to fucking listen, Leo, before you fuck everything up."

"You have a motherfucking death wish," I seethed. "And what kind of a mate would I be if I didn't give you what you wanted?"

Mike removed his gun and slid it out of our reach, putting his hands in the air as a sign of surrender. "Listen to me very clearly. I know better than to bring his name up and I never intended to do so, but I've had doubts for a while now and didn't tell you. After everything that's happened so far and what that man said about Luca, it keeps strengthening my theory about Luca and Luciano being the same person."

"Have you lost your fucking mind?"

"I'm thinking clearly, Leo, you aren't. If Luca is Luciano, a lot would make sense. Think about it!"

"There's nothing to fucking think about! He's dead. He died almost twenty years ago. That's the fucking end of it."

As those words slipped past my lips, there was a tremble that escaped with them in disguise, something that had never happened before. My heart rate accelerated exponentially. Scorching heat coursed through my body like lava flowing in my veins and burning me from the inside out. I could feel my eardrums pounding along with my head which left me puzzled as to what was happening. The physical pain from my injuries was now accompanied by the agony I had locked away ages ago.