Chapter 29: The Blood Queen

I had planned to have this chapter out yesterday for a beauty's birthday present, but I'm 4 hours late. I hope it still counts. ❤️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

And point out any errors.

——————————————————

          The knowledge of Leo being in the same building exhilarated me to no ends, but he could be in any corner of this wretched place

The knowledge of Leo being in the same building exhilarated me to no ends, but he could be in any corner of this wretched place. My heart ached for him relentlessly, stomach hollowed, fingers numbed. I'd reunite with the love of my life soon and never let go again, but before I could get to him, I had to ensure Lawrence Kane's capture. That asshole wasn't escaping again.

          With a deep breath to calm my racing heart, I trudged down the hallway where I found an elevator with blood on the steel doors. There was no arrow to go down which meant he could've only gone up. If I were trying to escape, I wouldn't sulk around on another floor but would be looking for an escape route and the ascension of the elevator could only mean he went to the terrace. So, that's where I placed my bet.

The elevator took me up to the top floor where a small hallway stretched out before me that ended with double doors. I kept the assault rifle ready with my finger on the trigger as I approached the doors and pushed through them. The chilly wind of the night struck me brutally and it was worsened by the fiercely revolving blades of a helicopter.

Men inside the aircraft smirked their victory at me as if they'd already slipped through my fingers, but I smiled back. They were still on the ground hence still eligible to meet their makers.

I aimed for the pilot through the glass pane of the cockpit and took several shots to break it and finally kill him. No pilot, no escaping through the sky. And to be certain that Lawrence didn't slip from my grasp that way, I began shooting at the two men who sat with him in the back. They all ducked before the glass even broke. By the time it did shatter, my bullets had depleted, leaving me with just a knife to use as a weapon.

As long as Lawrence still didn't want them to shoot me, I would be good. Hopefully.

I palmed the knife and headed toward the helicopter. One of them threw open the door and charged toward me like a bull. He tackled me to the ground while I shoved the knife into his abdomen. A groan vibrated in his broad chest as he straddled me, rage flaming in his dark eyes. I twisted the knife inside him, but only a grimace stressed his hard features. The man was built like a bulldozer, so I imagined the stab must've felt like a cat scratch.

"Aren't you built like a fucking truck!" I taunted, trying to push the knife further into him.

The brawny man forced my hold off and tossed aside the knife. Stars erupted before my vision when he punched me in the face. My senses and air forsook me, head spinning, numbing me with pain that left me momentarily paralyzed. I squeezed my eyes shut as twinkles and blurred swirls swam around in front of my eyes. I squeezed my eyes tight then opened them to slowly allow the fog of darkness and stars to disappear. By then, Lawrence conceited, upside down face came into my view.