𝒳𝒱𝐼𝐼𝐼

Começar do início

"I hope your cheek and hand gets better. See you tomorrow Melody." She tells me and waves as she leaves the class room.
What the hell just happened.
I look up to see Miss Evans walking over to me, we're the last ones in class.
"Hey Melody I just wanted to ask if everything is alright with you? That bruise looks really bad if you want to you can finish the task some other day if you're feeling better." Her kind brown eyes look down at me worried.
I give her my most convincing smile and shake my head.
"I'm good I fell on the weekend while I was out with friends it looks worse than it is I promise."

She gives me a tight smile and nods.
"If anyone is bothering you at school don't hesitate to talk to me." My brows shoot up because she is totally wrong.
"Of course." I tell her anyways and she leaves the classroom.
I make my way over to the sink and clean my brushes to think of what Millie said.
Am I being for real right now? Just because she said some nice things it doesn't mean that it's actually true maybe Louis told her to tell me.
But she was acting so honest and real.
Well she is an actress I shouldn't forget that.

A hand places itself softly on my shoulder and I jump and wince at the pain.
"Bloody hell you scared me." I breathe out and turn to look at the face of non other than Louis himself.
"The universe hates me." I mumble and he furrows his brows.
"I'm sorry I didn't want to scare you."
I shrug it off and concentrate on my last brush.
"Millie is already gone if you wanted to pick her up."
I grab all my brushes and walk over to my bag to put it in my pencil case.
"I actually wondered if you wanted to walk with me? You're finished with all classes right?" I turn around and look at him surprised.

Wasn't my quick run on Friday clear enough?
I push my pencil case into my bag my eyes still on him.
He pushed his hands in his pockets self conscious his eyes pools of honey at the rare sun which is shining through the big windows.
"Do we have the same way home?" I ask him because I genuinely don't know.
He nods eagerly and I sigh grabbing the strap of my bag and put it on my shoulder.
I close my eyes for a second in pain and walk over to him.

"Then let's go." We walk out of the room and my head gets a bit dizzy at the pain on my shoulder.
Suddenly the weight is lifted from it and I look at Louis who's putting my bag on his shoulder.
"What do you think are you doing?" I ask him brows furrowed.
"Helping you with your bag." He says nonchalantly and I would fight back more if I wasn't so exhausted.
"How was the rest of your friday night?" He asks and I look up at him to see he's already staring at me.
Two pools of green grass moving in the soft summer wind.
Who says things like that? Definitely not Louis Partridge.

I cross my arms and focus on the ground.
"Good." Something inside me can't lie to him.
It's just because he's holding my bag.
"What did you do?" He asks as we finally pass the big double doors and leave school behind us.
"How was the party?" I ask him instead and ignore his question.
"I don't know I left a bit after you, wasn't feeling it." He tells me and I give him a once over confused by his behavior.

It's quiet after that and I hate awkward moments but this time I welcome the silence.
The leaves crush under our shoes as we go down the path of the wet streets.
"I talked to Millie today." I tell him even though I didn't want to break the silence in the first place.
It's like my body is deciding on it's own.
"You did?" He asks looking at me curiously.
I nod my head and warm up my arms with my hands.
This weather in London is going to be the death of me one day.

As if he can sense my coldness he moves a bit closer and I feel his arm brush against mine his body heat being much closer to me than before.
"And what did you talk about?" He asks me after I don't say anything anymore.
"You." I tell him honestly and look up at him.
He trips over his own feet in that moment and falls forward. I catch his elbow on instinct and we both manage to hinder his fall.
His cheeks get an adorable rosy tint as he  scratches his neck.
"Thanks." He tells me and I nod.
His feet stop moving and I look up to see that we arrived at my house. I don't even want to know how he knows where I live.

"I think you wanted to tell me something." He says but I get distracted when I see a familiar man making his way to our house.
"Oh god no." I breathe out as I grab Louis hand and pull him to the side of our house pushing him against the wall so my dad won't see us.
"What-" I put my hand over his mouth to stop him from talking.
I lean over the edge to see my dad opening the front door and getting in.
I drop my hand from Louis' mouth and sigh letting my shoulders drop.

"Sorry my dad is really strict about boys." He nods understandingly and I move my hand to his shoulder and he stiffens up. I furrow my brows at his behavior but grab my bag from his shoulder anyways.
"I'm going to get inside before he wonders where I am." I tell him and take a step back.
His eyes sparkle softly down at me and my cheeks warm up even though I don't know why.
You know why dumbass.
He gives me a sad smile and I don't have the heart to let him go looking this sad.

"I'll see you tomorrow in school." I say looking at him and walking backwards.
He nods and pushes his hands in his pockets again.
"Maybe we can hang out..during lunch?" I ask him and his head snaps up to me as his brown eyes begin to sparkle.
"Yeah of course I'd love to."
I nod and give him an awkward smile walking up the steps to my front door.

He waves as he leaves my front yard and walks down the path we were coming from.
I knew this wasn't his way home.
When I see his figure gone I walk around the whole house and open my window to climb inside my room.
Once inside I let my bag drop on my bed and do a 360 putting my hands over my eyes my head tilted up to the ceiling.
"What the hell are you doing Melody." I mumble desperately to myself.