15

7:30pm, Byul and Solar are walking inside the lobby of the company calling it a day. It was again a busy day for Solar. Due to the incoming new investment project, Solar is all around making sure that things will go according to her plan.

Feeling her back and feet painfully stiffening, she never misses her bed this much before. Thinking that she will just dive on it the moment she step in her room.

But before she can reach the exit, a voice stopped her. "Working overtime, Ms. Kim?"

Knowing who owns that voice, Solar turn to see the insolent person stopping her from her near vacation inside her room. Well that's atleast what Solar is thinking. "Mr. Go.. It's dinner time already, and you're still at work. Such a diligent person."

And the flabby old man wearing a formal suit and tie laughed weirdly. "Am I? Well it is just a natural thing. Especially I've been doing this for so long now.." Smiling while signaling his assistant beside him for agreement.. And the slim man nodded twice.
"I've been working like this longer than your age actually. That is why, new people should learn on that..... New people should make a way for us. Don't you think Ms. Kim?" Mr. Go continued and saying the last sentence with a meaningful look towards Solar.

Byul can feel the intense mockery on the old man's words. And she remember what Dahee told her days ago. Sure that the person infront of them is one of the directors bullying her boss. And anger is raging inside her. But as she look at her boss, a calm emotion can be seen on her face. "Is this true? She's not mad?"

"Ow.. I'm sorry to hear that.. Then I think a vacation is a good idea. You deserve it, Mr. Go."

"Hahaha! That's a good ide--" Unable to finish his words, Solar continued "Or a retirement perhaps?"

Almost choking from his own words, Mr. Go look at Solar squinting his eyes, feeling insulted on the young heiress of the company.

Solar smirked "Well, You've served so much for the company.. And as what you have said, you're working for so long. I can see that you're exhausted already. Might as well take a rest now. And let the new people manage it. Which I think they can do it like you did... Or maybe much better than you did."

The old man shifted his posture, feeling uncomfortable and annoyed already. "Aren't you being bold for a newbie, child? You're just a sprout in this field. You should know where you are standing."

"Yes, I'm pretty aware of my stand and position here, Mr. Go... That is why I'm just extending my gratitude and respect towards my seniors.." Solar stood straight giving a smile to the old man.

Dusting an invisible dirt on her corporate dress "I'm just being mindful of your needs, Mr. Go... That is why I can always recommend to the higher ups about your.... early Retirement... I can even recommend a perfect vacation place for you... That is if you allow me to." Throwing a dull expression to the latter.

Byul can see the older man balling his fist. She knew that her boss is getting into his nerve already.. But Byul can never disagree on what Solar is doing. "This man deserves it. That is right! Show this man who really is the boss!!" She is cheering silently.

"A..Are you threatening me?!"

"Of course not, Me. Go.." Solar tried her best to look shock.

"Why will I do that? I don't do threats..."

"I'm just stating a fact.. If things are being a pain to me.... I remove it. Without giving threats.. You know why??" Solar leaned forward to get closer to Mr. Go.
"Because I'm capable of doing it."