19

Byul's POV

Sighing for the nth time.. I really feel so down right now. My body is not in the mood to work. Feeling like everything is crumbling down my feet..

Actually, just this morning before going back to work, I can still remember how excited I was to go back to the mansion, that I had a hard time sleeping last night. I'm excited to see Miss Solar and work beside her.

But the moment that I arrived at the mansion, Mr. Park welcomed me and led me straight to Mr. Kim's office.
"How are you Byul? Have you rested properly?"

I felt touched hearing those words from him. I think he really do care somehow. "I'm good sir. Thank you. I rested well."

"Good to know."

Seeing him unbothered while sitting in his office and reading some files makes me amused. Him and his grand daughter really do look the same. The way their eyebrows knotted when they are so drown with whatever they are reading and the way they sigh when they don't like what they read. "Pfft" I can't control my smile, thinking how Mr. Kim looks so grumpy, but I finding Ms. Solar so adorable when she do those things.

"What are you smiling at?"

"Ah! Nothing sir. Just happy that I'm back." Almost choked on that.. He is still scary when he wanted to.

"I called you here to congratulate you for doing such wonderful job. You managed to save my grand daughter.. And made our deal happen."

He is now looking at me. How come he is congratulating me but i don't see it in his face? Like he is just throwing words at me.

"Thank you sir. I'm just doing what I have to do."

"Now that she is in the company and looks like partying is not her priority, I think your job is coming to an end."

"Sir?" I think my voice is not coming out properly. I want to protest and say that I want to extend this more. But.. But..

"As part of our deal, by asking you to pretend and lure my grand daughter , which you clearly completed.. Now is my time to complete mine. I just had a call telling me that they found a donor. So I talked to them and your father was scheduled for his transplant. And for his heart surgery, it was discussed already and will do it after the transplant. We just have to make sure that he is in good condition before undergoing the surgery."

Hearing the news about my father, should make me happy. He's finally having a kidney transplant.. But why am I hurting right now.

I don't know how to respond. I want to thank him, but I'm feeling that I should not... I tried to look at him and he is just there looking at me. Like he is waiting for my response.

"Is there something wrong Miss Moon? I understand if you're feeling shock right now. It's my fault by not telling you first about your father. I know that it is part of our deal, but I should have informed you first."

"No.. No sir. I'm... Thank you sir for all the help that you have given us especially to my father." I should be happy now that my father is being treated.. I should.

"Okay.. It's such a relief hearing that.. I'm just glad that we are still on the same boat here, Miss Moon. Cause at some point, I thought you're over maneuvering your route, like you're being overwhelmed and got carried away, doing things that is not already part of your job." Mr. Kim is looking at me, trying to analyse me, my reaction.