8

Piercing eyes! If only it's possible, Byul may have a huge hole in her face at this moment.

She can feel the intense gaze of Mr. Kim screwing inside her skull. Adding the thickness of the silence embracing the whole room, Byul is feeling uncomfortable. Wishing that staring game that the old man is doing will end.

...20 minutes before...

While walking out from the mansion to return back home, Byul saw Mr. Kim's car approaching from work. She automatically bowed even she's not sure if the old man was looking at her. But the car stopped in front of her and the window slowly rolled down. Byul lifted her face and saw Mr. Kim's side view, without turning his head on her side, he said, "To the library. Let's talk." After that, the car moved while the window was rolling up.

Byul felt her lips dried hearing the cold voice of the old man. She thought, "Am I in trouble?" Thinking of running away to a far far away, isolated island and wishing the old man will never find her again. But she's sure that it's impossible.

With heavy steps, she followed. Dragging herself back to the mansion again, she kept thinking about the possible things that she did.. Until she reached the door.

...Back to the present...

She can't hold it anymore. She just want to end the agony for once. She thought that if she'll die today, she wish it to be atleast fast and painless.

"S-Sir?"

Her word is too coward to come out and starting to betray her guts.

Seeing the old man not responding, she tried to recollect all her energy once again, Byul tried to push some words from her mouth.. "W-was th..there-"

But he cut her words off..

"Until when will I wait?" Mr. Kim does not bulge at all from his position. Making Byul think that the old man was really a statue from the past.

Trying to understand what Mr. Kim said was, but she has no idea what he is talking about. "W-wait from wh-what, sir?"

Shivers run through her body when she saw the old man's furrowing brows.. "Is this the end of my life? But I'm not yet ready. I still need to say my final messages for my father and friends.. And I haven't achieve my dreams yet."

"Miss Moon."

Byul wake up from her struggling thoughts upon hearing the old man's daunting voice.

"I want to believe that you're just playing dumb, cause I know that you're a funny person." He lean forward on his expensive oak desk, clamping his hands together and placing it in front off his mouth.

Byul suddenly felt the urge to swallow trying to prevent herself from vomiting because of the unexplained fear growing inside her .

"Don't give me an idea, that you forgot about our deal..."

"Cause you won't like it, if you did." He continue.

Maybe her mind got frightened to the old man's threat and suddenly a picture of Solar flashed in her mind, then a voice over of Mr. Kim's proposal from the hospital echoed inside her brain.

"Si..sir. My apologies. But yo-your grand daughter is so hard to handle. She's pu-pushing me away."

"Are you telling me that you can't do your job, Miss Moon?" With a centimeter tilt of head to his side made Byul's heart stop.