Sixty

Through the dark, me & Killua made our way down the paths to the village. We slowed down here & there knowing well that no one was on our trail, but still made sure to make haste just in case. We were this far: we didn't need to have any setbacks.

As soon as we made it to the village, we hid on the side of a building. Gentle lights were turned on, & buzzing softly, giving a warm & comforting feel for such a dark & crazy night. We sat next to one another as we took a breather, & held each other close.

"We did it Killua." I laughed, "We fucking did it."

"We did...we did..." he sighed, planting a kiss on top of my forehead.

I looked up at him, as we were embraced into one another's arms, "But...what now? We have endless of possibilities to go, but where should we start?"

Killua hummed, as he pulled out his phone from his shorts pocket. It came to my realization that he still didn't have a shirt on, which made me feel guilty. It was fairly cold & his scars were still new. Hopefully we could find some place to get him something to wear.

Putting his beetle phone close to his ear, it rang for a little bit. We both sat there leaned against the building, cuddling each other, & listening to the gentle ringing come from his phone. It seemed to ring forever before Killua got agitated & hung up.

"Damn it." he sighed, as he began to type furiously into the phone.

I laughed at the boy, "Calm down, it's going to be okay. Whatever you're trying to do can wait until the morning if so. It's late & I think we're beyond from getting caught."

Kil's vigorous typing slowed down as he listened to me. He calmly continued to type, sending a message to someone. I was curious who he was sending said message to, but I decided not to be nosey & just to be in each others embrace.

Placing his phone back into his pocket, he brought me closer to him. He laid his head on mine, as I felt safe & comforted once more. Killua hummed ever so gently, as I felt my eyes begin to droop. All the running & adrenaline had finally wore down on my body, & finally caught up to me the second I finally felt truly relaxed.

A yawn escaped my lips, as one erupted from Killua.

I giggled, as poked my cheek gently, "Hey hey, go to sleep. No more laughing, baka."

I rolled my eyes as I closed them, squeezing Killua the ever slightest, "Okay Mr. Tough-Guy...try to get some sleep. We...yawn...have some new adventures waiting for us."

& with that Killua gave a hum in reply, kissed the top of my head, & muttered, "I love you."

In my sleepiest voice I replied, "I love you too."

~

The bright sun entered my eyesight, forcing my eyes to open. I rubbed them, & stretched out. I expected Killua to be by my side once I woke up, but to my surprise he was gone.

Mentally I cursed him out for doing so. Every time he disappears he gets himself into some sort of trouble...what was I going to do with that fluffy snowball of a boy?

I got up, wiped the dirt off my outfit, & stretched my arms overhead. I walked out from the side of the building, & noticed all the lively people walking around. Everything seemed perfect right now, like this was our new normal. Like this could be our new life.

So much excitement was filled within me, I wanted to jump around & scream with joy. But, I refrained from doing so in case of being suspicious...& looking like a crazy person.