twenty five

I grinned at the words that he said so cooly, so smoothly.

He was right:

the night was indeed, not over.

Almost like it was on queue, we both bolted out running. It was dark, & I was bound to trip over. a rock or a pebble & break my jaw, but I didn't care. We both yelled at each other all the way back home, taunting & teasing each other.

"SLOW POKE!" Killua yelled at me, a good ways away from me.

"NOT FAIR! YOU HAVE ASSASSIN LEGS!" I yelled back, causing both of us to laugh.

I tried to catch up to him, but quickly failed. He was way to fast for me, whether I liked it or not. Luckily, we arrived closer to the premises & he slowed down. He wasn't even out of breath, while I stood beside him, gasping for air.

He patted my back gently as I stood leaned over, holding my knees. I coughed a little, but quickly got myself back together. I sniffled a little bit, my nose oddly running. Maybe I had pushed running so much sudden liquid was coming out? Same with the coughing I was guessing.

"What's your plan Kil?" I asked him, as he pointed to the roof, "Why there?"

"Stargazing of course." he answered.

I snorted at him, "Whatta softie."

He nudged me, causing me to become off balance. I sneered at him as he laughed at me being oddly klutzy. I puffed out my cheeks & crossed my arms in embarrassment, but I acted like I was agitated.

I began to stomp over to him, extending my arms & getting ready to push him. When, all of a sudden I felt a cold substance hit my head. Just a small dribble. I lower my arms slowly down as I look up in confusion.

This time, I felt it hit my forehead. I blinked quickly in shock, but then slowly it came down. A few dribbles of raindrops started to drop from the sky, a cold sensation filling around us. But not too long, the small dribbling started to pour down faster....& faster...till it was finally dumping buckets of rain.

I squealed in shock & surprise at the sudden rain shower, the both of us getting soaking wet. I look over at Killua, who's white hair was now lying straight on his head. He looked like he had long hair now, that was completely dripping.

"What?" he asked me, catching me staring.

I held my stomach as I began laughing loudly. pointing at his ridiculous hair.

"Y-your...HAIR!"

I snorted as he stomped over to me fuming, hearing his steps being tracked in largely forming puddles. They splashed with each step until they stopped, & the taller male was met in front of my face. Which, he then pushed me down, causing me to land into a cold puddle.

A shiver shot up my spine as I yelped, getting even more soaked. Killua started laughing & snorting at ,me, pointing & holding his stomach like I was doing towards him.

I pushed myself up, wiping off my skirt, "HAHA! VERY FUNNY WISE GUY!"

"YOU STARTED IT!" he yelled back with a laugh.

& that's when everything turned upside down. We started chasing each other in front of the Zoldyck mansions gate, splashing water at one another. Once we got the hands on each other, we'd push each other into puddles & then start chasing the other again. The puddles were now rain puddles & mud puddles, which made it even more fun to mess around in.

As Killua pushed me into another puddle, with me falling on my butt & a loud 'splash' erupting from it, I quickly push myself up with a laugh. I go to get ready to chase Killua, but...

he was no where to be seen?

I stand there looking around, wondering if he went into hiding, or if maybe he ran off. I began to walk around slowly, the puddles splashing my feet every so gently. I couldn't hear him breathing or any other footsteps in the puddles other than my own.

Where had that boy gone?

I turned around, getting the scare of my life as I was met face to face to the white haired boy. I screamed as he picked me up, holding me by the waist & the legs & starting to run with me. Before I could even get a word in of what was going on, he threw me into a huge mud puddle, causing a big splash to erupt from it.

It hit me & him, especially him the aftershock. After it all subsided, I looked over at him, moving the strands of dirty & wet hair that covered my eyes from seeing him. He was cackling, falling over onto his butt laughing.

I grinned, crawling out of the puddle to attack him while he wasn't looking. I pounced on him, thinking I was going to attack him. But, he knew I was there, & before I knew it, I saw flashing colors.

& suddenly, I didn't know where I was.

Until, I was met face to face with Kil. He was hovering over me, my hands placed above my head as his hands held my wrists. Which, is when the gears slowly turned in my head to realize where I was in the situation.

Killua was on top of me, pinning me down.

He stared at me breathless, me doing the same from all the play fighting. But now, my face burned red, realizing our positioning. Killua's eyes darted around my face, reading my response. H quickly realized too, & got off of me saying some words mockingly under his breath.

He slicked his now straight hair back, shaking it slightly. Which, caused it instantly to fluff back up. Which, how does that work? Maybe he had some magical conditioner he used-

We both sat there across from each other, panting from running around & throwing each other around. The rain continued to sing around us, continuously dumping. It smelled strongly of dirt & rain water, which, wasn't the most appealing smell.

But in all honesty, all the fun kinda made it all seem like it didn't matter.

Feeling tired, I throw myself back so I was laying down. A loud 'squish' came as I hit the ground, obviously being under a big mud pit...which, was going to br strung in my hair. But at the moment, I didn't care. I was tired & now vey comfy with rain dancing on my face, the mud hugging behind me, & my best friend still with me.

I didn't have much to complain about.

A few minutes passed of just watching the sky, which was now fully clouded with dark rain clouds, before I saw a hand extended out to me. Throwing myself up, I see the hand is Killua's, obviously. He has a small smile, his eyes seeming to show some sort softness that I recognized in the gardens.

"Well? Are you going to take it?" Killua asked, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

I gave a wide smile, grasping his hand as he pulled me up. I was going to let go, but he quickly pulled up arm, which pulled us into a hug. Our bodies instantly made contact with each other, causing me to gasp out loud for a second.

He wrapped his arms around me, while my arms sat on either side of him flailed out in shock. They slowly calmed down, as they wrapped around him comfortably. My head was rested on his chest, while his chin rested on the top of my head.

I didn't know what was going on with the sudden hug or the sudden contact. It didn't seem in character for Killua. The same boy who teased me & called my maid outfit ugly. The same boy who was stubborn & sarcastic, & called me an idiot any free chance he got.

This couldn't be the same boy...but...

it really was.

The only thing that spooked me now was the rushing thudding of my heartbeat, & the fluttering feeling returning to my tummy.