twenty eight

I was in a blissful sleep, dreaming of the many wonders of the world. Money. Happiness. Friends. It felt nice to be able to roam through dreamland without a care in the world.

Until it wasn't.

I was shaken awake by the rumbling noise of intense banging on my chamber door. Throwing myself up, causing an intense amount of pain to surge through me, I groan.

I stare at the door with a glare, wondering who even dared to be knocking. I didn't know what time it was or anything, so maybe it was food?

My stomach growled in anger, feeling like a roaring tide had just crashed. I held a palm up to my mouth, holding back the feeling of acidy vomit.

I choose to ignore the door knocker, not caring enough to get in trouble or not. But now that I was awake, I could try to make my escape to go talk to Chef.

Yes, my stubborn ass self had decided to already talk to him tomorrow but...if no one was going to bother me today, why not try?

Before I could even remotely try to push myself up to leave, my door swung open & closer quickly. Which, caused me to flail backwards onto my sore back. I let out another squeal of pain, as I remained there.

The hell was that?

I propped myself up onto my elbows to see what the sudden commotion was for. To my surprise, I had a visitor. He stared daggers into me, looking at me up & down.

Cocking his head to the side & placing a hand on his hip, he uttered the words, "The hell have you been? You look like shit."

I tsked, feeling my brain pound even harder, "Killua, how lovely."

What happened to the other Killua? He seemed to return back to his cold, cool, & sarcastic self. Which, I loved of course, he is my best friend but...what was the deal with last night then?

I sneezed into my arm, causing a coughing fit. Killua raised an eyebrow at me as I looked at him with tired & dreary eyes, "I'm sick, isn't it obvious?"

Killua observed my face, slowly lowering himself down to my mattress. He looked around the room, before returning to my eyes, "Well, that makes more sense why you weren't outside. Gotoh refused to state where you were."

I hmphed, "Well, he's a bastard. Sniff, so, what did I do to deserve a visit?"

"You seem surprised I even bothered to come down."

"Only a, sniff, little. I'm not supposed to be having, sniff, visitors. I'm being checked on in the morning."

Killua placed a finger on his chin, "Interesting...well, I guess our plans have changed for today."

I sigh, "Yep, sniff, I guess I'll see you-"

"Ah, nope. Before you even try, you're not pushing me away. I'm taking care of you today."

"AAH?!" I squealed, swiftly being pushed over a little. Killua's legs were now fully on my bed as he sat next to me, "What?! No way! You're going to get sick! & you have way better things to do than-"

He poked my forehead, leaving his finger there, "Stop with the rambling baka, & let me take care of you. I have a strong immune system & it's my fault in the first place you got sick."

I stuck my tongue out at him with a fake angry expression, that slowly dropped down into a sad & solemn one. He took quick note of it, "Eh? What's up?"

"I..." I started to speak in the smallest voice, "Killua...do you, sniff, regret last night? Now that I'm sick?"

He scoffed, "No, not in a million years."

& that's when the fluttering feeling returned to my heart & stomach. It felt like little tickles, or even dancing everywhere. It made me happy in some sort of way, but in another, made me feel wrong. What was up with me?

Before I could even ask another question, Killua intervened, "Now, for you to get better, you need to rest."

Placing his hand on my upper chest - any lower & he would've been kneed in the stomach - & pushed me back to lay down. My head hurriedly hit the flat pillow, making my head ache even more than it already did.

I held my head once more, groaning lightly in protest, "But Kil, I still have something to ask you-"

"Ah ah." Killua silenced me, placing his index finger gently over my lips. I felt warmer than I already was, "You can ask me when your feeling better okay? You need sleep."

"You said that yesterda-"

"AH!"

"...fine, you idiot."

I rolled over on my side, wincing a little in pain. I laid away from him, muttering curses under my breath at the stubborn boy that sat beside me. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping that maybe I could just pretend to be asleep, now that I felt wide awake & in agonizing pain.

But, that wouldn't work since I kept shifting around. Every position I laid in either hurt or was uncomfortable, or most shockingly, both. I tried to use my arms as a pillow - fail. Cradling myself into a ball - fail. Laying my arms out in front of me so they fell off the side of the mattress - fail.

At one point I seemed to find a spot that seemed sort of comfortable, where my arms were under my body & my head was basically now just on the mattress. I sighed in frustration & relief as I continued to keep my eyes shut as I "slept".

Suddenly, I felt my body get shifted up, & then lowered down. I was afraid to open my eyes to wherever I was now. If it was the ground - oh boy was I going to be throwing a bit of a hissy fit. I opened my eyes to be suprisingly facing Killua. He was above me while I laid down.

I laid there in confusion, before realizing my head was settled into the middle of his lap. We both just stared at each other for a little while, the room going dead silent. I blinked a few times, starting to feel warmer everywhere in my body.

"I was fine where I was!" I scoffed, scrunching up my nose at the boy.

He raised an eyebrow at me, causing me to tsk, "Okay fine, it wasn't. But you didn't need to put yourself out like this."

Killua grabbed my cheek a little with a small grin, "I'm not, but don't think to much into it small brain. Now, get some rest so we can cause more mischef together."

I started to yawn slowly, a little mewl escaping my lips. My eyes began to flutter shut, but I forced them open ever so slightly, "But...I'm not...hmm..."

I started to drift off into sleep, thinking about causing chaos with Killua. I guess I did need to start feeling better. When my eyes finally closed, feeling droopy & heavy, I felt my breath start to get slower & slower. My body finally seemed to be unaching in pain, my head felt comfortable & supported. I felt...safe within in the space of Kil.

The only thing I couldn't place down, was the weird quick & subtle warm feeling that came & went in the middle of my forehead...

I guess my sickness really was unique, huh.