five

I stared at Chef dumbfounded, "H-how..."

He chuckled, "That's right, you haven't been acquainted till now....correct?"

I nodded in response, as he continued, "Master Killua isn't around much, as you can tell. I'm glad you both were finally able to meet. How was it?"

Chef traced his steps back to the boxy machine that seemed to be beeping now. He pulled it open, a delectable waft of the substance tickling my nose. He seemed to be making a fresh loaf of bread from scratch, how delightful.

As he pulled it out of the machine, I walked over to the island, "What do you mean?"

He hummed, pulling a knife out of the drawer on the island. Delicately, he started to cut the bread into thin slices, "All I mean is, how was your encounter with the boy?"

Finally placing the tray down on the island, I rested my cheek on my palm, "Well, at first I thought he was pretty ignorant & stubborn. But, I saw something in him, that made him seem very cool & interesting in a person..."

I caught my words, jumping a little. Waving my hands hurriedly in front of me, more words tumbled out of my mouth, "B-BUT! IT'S NOT LIKE I COULD BE INTERESTED IN HIM AS A FRIEND, HE IS A MASTER-"

Chef laughed at all my words, "Miss Karma, please. You're safe with me, I won't report you to Gotoh. Why would I have asked if I was going to?"

I sighed, resting back in my position. Thinking to myself, the only words that could come to mind was 'trust issues'. But, I didn't dare utter those words to Chef due to what I had just told him...& him truly being my friend...to some degree.

He sighed, "Anyways, I was hoping you too would meet. I feel you two would make good friends...master Killua doesn't have any friends, sadly."

I raised my eyebrow at him, "Do you know much about him?"

Walking over to the fridge, he pulled out different condiments & meats for the making of lunch. He gathered them up, placing them each individually on the counter, "Yes, I do..."

My eyes widened at his words, "...wanna know more?"

I felt my face heat up as I tch'ed, "I-I have a job to do! I'm done helping you..."

"Well, I haven't dismissed you, Miss Karma. Besides, what's a few minutes of talking going to harm from your duties?"

Sighing in defeat, I stand up straight, listening intently.

Chef huffed happily, "That's what I thought. Now, I'll tell you what I know about master Killua."

He happily continued to prepare fancy sandwiches, placing them nicely on fancy dishes. He added extra accessories to the meals, going all out. I felt bad for Chef...all the food from breakfast was going to be going to waste, & now the lunch he was conjuring up was too. It hurt my heart a little...

Clearing his throat, he began to speak again, "Like you, master Killua is sixteen. He's rarely ever home, due to the hatred of his parents & this family...but, I think you could've pieced that together. Anyways, the master has a very stubborn personality it seems, & he's very closed-off. In all honesty, I'm surprised he seemed cool to you. He's very nice to us help, but never seems to want to engage in conversation. The master must've seen something in you. Besides that, he seems always be on that dang skateboard...he's a bit of a troublemaker & a jokester. So, I'd be careful of that."

I stood there started at all the information that was tossed at me. He was my age? Interested in being friends with ME? & on top of it...HE'S IN ALL THE WORDS A REBEL?

I hung my head a little, getting a bit dizzy from all the information. My brain was swirling with different thoughts & questions, none that I could pin-point right now. Which, didn't help with what I needed to be doing right now...which was my job.

Which, I seem to have been forgetting today...like an idiot.

"Well,I hope the information can help you in whatever you plan to do, Miss Karma." he stated, making me blush red.

"H-HEY! I'm the hel-"

"I know...don't need to tell me twice. Anyways, you've been dismissed. I'll ask Gotoh for you if I need help with anything else."

I bowed, "Yes, Sir Chef. Thank you for everything today, it was a pleasure to help."

He sighed, "Yes...of course..."

I saw the sadness in his eyes, causing me to end my bow quickly. With a quick head scratch, I add onto my statement, "I do really like helping you Chef. I consider us well to be friends, not just a job I'm assigned to. I'm sorry if I seem to...proper at times."

A smile arose onto his face, his mustache seeming to lift with it, "Well, that's good to know. I enjoy having you in here as well, Karma. Please, take care."

He bowed, which I followed after. I exited through the double doors to the dining room, where Killua was still sitting. His legs were once again on the table, his arms behind his head, & his plate of many stacked pancakes were now just crumbs.

I stared at the empty plate, astonished. I didn't even bat an eye as I walked past him, to push through a new metal door. I was in yet another hallway. I started to make my way down to the living room, ready to die from cleaning an already polished room.

The amount of times I cleaned that room a week is concerning. No one even seemed to ever be in the living room, but still...i was to rid even the smallest speck of dust that dared to land on the expensive sofas.

The shuffling of my feet were quiet, but got louder. I felt confused, knowing I was walking softly to get to my destination. That was because, they weren't my feet. Seconds before I even knew it, the white haired boy was shuffling his feet alongside me.

I looked at me confused, "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" he replied, his arms still behind his head.

Jeez, he looked so carefree. I mean, I guess he does kinda live a luscious life but...it seemed like pure hell from all I could tell. I really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover...

We continued to walk to the living room, still conversing, "Well, it appears to me that you're following me when I have duties to be attending too."

"Ha, duties."

"Oh god, grow up."

He stifled some laughter, "Anyways...I wanted to hang out with you."

I crinkled my nose at the sudden comment. Did he really just say, what I thought he did?

"You want to hang out with me?"

"Yep."

I pinched the base of my nose, my other arm across my chest, "You know that is literally impossible, correct? I'm the help, nothing more, nothing less."

Killua hummed in response, "Mhm, not true."

We finally arrived to the living room. I pushed the door open, Killua on my heels.

I turned to him, as the door slammed loudly behind us, "What do you mean?"

"I have my ways." he purred.

I rolled my eyes, zero belief in what he was even speaking of. We walked further into the room, as I started to get cleaning supplied together. I couldn't waste a second longer lounging around & talking with Killua. If I did, I swear my head would be served on a platter by Go-

"Miss Karma?" a voice rang out in the living room, another door slamming shut.

I turn on my heels, to see Gotoh standing right in front of the door we had just came in.

"What is master Killua doing here with you?"