nine

"Great!" Chef exclaimed, "Now, the serving cart is in the corner of the room. Killua?"

He hummed in response as Chef continued, "Could you help with getting the correct foods for your family, & getting Karma around to the correct rooms?"

Killua nodded with a determined smirk, "You got it pops."

Chef clasped his hands together, "Thank you both! Now after your done, please return to me & I'll give you your next task."

I bowed getting one in return, as Killua gave a quick double finger nod. Killua walked toward the food table as I quickly grabbed the silver cart, pushing it towards the table. I parked it beside me & Killua, as we started picking out each foods.

I picked up a white breaded sandwich, showing it to Killua. He stared at it for a second, as he waved his pointer at it, "Does it have pickles on it?"

Gently, I pulled the bread up a little inspecting it. I looked back at him & nodded.

He waved me off, "Won't due, Illumi hates pickles."

I snorted, placing the sandwich back down, "That's an odd thing to hate."

Killua turned to me with a laugh, "Yeah, he especially despises relish. & Piggy, well, he hates nothing...I think the one thing he hates is chocolate. Which, is a win for me."

"Ahhh, you must be a chocolate fiend."

"Ahhh...shut up."

"Am I wrong?"

"...."

"....No."

Giggling a little, we went back to picking out the best foods for his family members. We quickly placed all the fruits, sandwiches, & cups of different liquid on the serving cart that we were going to serve up.

We looked to Chef, as he gave the thumbs up to go.

I started pushing the cart, Killua opening the opposite door. I paused, looking back at Chef, "Hey, no call from Gotoh?"

He hummed, "Nope. He didn't bother to ring...even if he did now, he would be a good twenty minutes late. Which, doesn't seem like him."

I thought to myself what could be up with Gotoh. Maybe he found someone to lecture, or had some other duty to attend. It wasn't like him to abandon his post, unless being called upon. I quickly shook myself out of my thoughts, pushing the cart through the door.

We made of way down a new hallway, me pushing the cart while Killua walked beside it, keeping an eye on it. I really didn't need anything spilling & staining the expensive carpet, having to try & clean it, & then being lectured. I was pretty thankful to have Killua here.

Maybe, working isn't the only thing I'll be doing now.

The squeaking noise of the unoiled wheels of the cart filled the hallway, being the only noise that filled the air. We both walked in silence down the dreary hallway lined with different family portraits & dreray & gory wins the assassins had won over the years. I kept my eyes off of them, seeing them plenty of times, feeling scared seeing the guts of someone ripped open one to many times.

"Hey, Kil?" I asked all of a sudden, his blue eyes giving me attention, "Doesn't your family think your out right now?"

He nodded, "Yeah, but it won't be a big deal. So don't stress bout me, kay?"

My face heated up as he turned back forward walking.

I was going to strangle him. He made assumptions!