thirty nine

It didn't take long for us to reach the butlers quarters. In my mind, it felt like a billion years to drag Piggy along & hear his nonstop complaining about every single thing happening right now. For the first time ever, I appreciated that he stuck to his room.

I pushed the butlers quarters door open to see the mistress sitting on the couch. Gotoh was making a hot beverage - most likely tea - in the corner using his machine. He held a small white china teacup, while the mistress sat their silent for the first time in a while.

Her whole face was bandaged up, including the upper part to her neck. The only part that was bandaged up on her face was her pink lips, everything else was covered. The mistress finally seemed back to normal, since her electronic device sat back over her eyes. She seemed more intimidating than ever now.

Kalluto sat beside her at the very end of the couch. He sat there quietly, his fan in hand, looking at his mother. He seemed to be very at ease of the interesting situation.

I quickly walked Piggy over to the couch to sit beside his mother. He landed beside her with a slight 'oof' & than an agitated growl from his wound. I bowed to the both of them as I walked back to in front of the door.

Gotoh waltzed over to the mistress, handing her the fancy teacup. She took it, giving a small thanks. He returned back over to the machine, grabbing a small medical box that sat beside the machine. Inside were different bandages, medicines, bandaids, cloths, you name it. Gotoh pulled out some bandages, cloth, & antiseptic & made his way towards Piggy.

He opened up Piggy's shirt, revealing a little gash wound on his side. I quickly looked away, not wanting to even remember that. The sight of blood already made me nauseous & want to pass out. Piggy whined in pain as he started to clean in out with antiseptic. It sounded like pure nails on a chalkboard to me.

The mistress set down her teacup on the low table in front of her, releasing a sigh, "I'm guessing you two want to know what went down in the lower chambers."

Gotoh answered for the both of us, per usual, "Yes, we would like to know mistress. But, I'm not so sure if we want Miss Karma knowing here. I trust her, but she still is very young & naive-"

She swatted her hand on Gotoh, "Stop. It is my decision Gotoh, now stop rambling nonsense."

He quickly shut himself up, & continued to attend to Milluki. Who of course, started to complain again, "Mama! What happened was not fair! This is bullshit!"

I came forward, seeing that the mistress batted her eyes towards me, ignoring the brat beside her, "You? You're Karma, correct?

I curtsied, "Yes Mistress, that is I."

Mistress laughed a little, "My, what an obeyful little girl. You have some sort of potential..."

Something about that sentence felt wrong, but I ignored it as Gotoh finished attending to the injured Piggy. He put the bandages on him, making Milluki sigh in satisfaction. Gotoh followed to stand by my side in front of the three Zoldyck's, ready to hear about the turns of events that went down.

"Now, what happened today in the chambers was honestly a shock to me." Mistress began, "It was the first time that something so scary, so vile happened. Even Milluki was in shock. Luckily Kalluto was left unharmed, & just watched things go down on the sidelines."

Mistress pulled Kalluto into a side hug, causing his short hair to wave back & forth gently. He didn't seem very amused at the sudden attention, but his face didn't seem to bear much emotion or care in the first place.

Her attention turned back to us, "It was awful...the pain of it felt so awful, my eyes. They burn & sting, I feel as if I might not be able to see. I don't understand what I did to deserve this but..."