forty one

It was finally the day.

The day had finally come that my love...

I MEAN...Killua, came back home.

After sending letter after letter of what seemed like endless anguish & sorrow, something finally came good after it. He was finally coming home. Sure, I thought he might've been coming home after a week, but sadly that wasn't the case. Something inside me had already told me that he wouldn't be coming back after a week, so I tried to tough it out as much as possible.

But finally after a whole month, a full whopping thirty days, my best friend was finally coming back. It was pretty early in the morning, & I was already up & running around my sad excuse for a room. My hair was already high up in two pigtails, my maid uniform looking clean & pristine, & I finally didn't smell like a dumpster fire. Perfume & showers truly are a gift from the heavens aren't they?

I was basically up & out the door - surprising Gotoh who was apparently standing outside my door - a good hour before I was supposed to be up & ready. I made eye contact with Gotoh, trying to contain all my excitement. I tried my best to keep my emotions on the down-low, not wanting to spill all my happiness onto Gotoh...though, the dude look likes he needs a smile.

He cleared his throat when I stood tall & proud in front of him, "Well, I was unexpected to see you up this early Miss Karma."

I bowed at him, "The early bird gets the worm, Sir Gotoh."

"Hmm, since your up this early you might as well attend to something. Don't think just because you woke up a little earlier you're going to be able to slack off." Gotoh lectured, waving a finger sternly, "You will be keeping an eye on Chef today in the kitchen & helping him out. I thank you for taking over his duties while...that...happened."

I nodded, biting the inside of my cheek. I wanted to chew his ear off about Lyric & Chef, how disrespectful he was being by blowing the whole situation off. On how he treated Chef, by not letting him see her...& just putting him into complete solitude. & how he just let Lyric die alone...I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive this bastard.

But this four-eyed bastard had my job & life in my hands, so I gave him a smile & a bow before he dismissed me. I watched him turn around & walk down the hall towards the butlers quarters to his safe spot. That man, made me feel more anger than I've ever felt. It wallowed deep in my whole being, & he was lucky he could hide behind his title...if it wasn't for that, I would've been throwing hands at him.

I tried to roll off all the stress & rethink the positives down to the kitchen. A small danced to my face as I imagined seeing Killua once again. His dashing blue eyes...cute white fanged smile...fluffy white hair...

I scrunched my nose & laughed, taking in all the thoughts of my supposed best friend. It felt weird that all these feeling were suddenly flooding into me. Was that what all the butterflies were correlated to? Was that all the blood rushing to my head & face, & heart pounding feelings were?

If so...my god I was dumb from the very start.

Letting out a small huff I push the kitchen door open to see...nothing. No amazing smells of amazing foods swirling around the room, no clinking & clacking of pots & pans, & no Chef jauntily humming to himself.

The kitchen lights were turned off, revealing a very dark room. The light coming from the hallway was the only thing truly lighting up the dim room. It almost seemed like it was abandoned, the quietness settling in, making a very eerie atmosphere.

I wanted to step in, but something told me not to. Something seemed very off, very fast. I didn't know what to do, but I pushed past the feeling & took another step in. I turned on a light, the main light flickering a little before fully turning on.