seventeen

I couldn't believe it. My ears couldn't believe the words that came straight come his mouth, into my senses. My brain was clicking, trying to put together everything he had just said.

Sure, it was just a sentence, but my brain went haywire.

I stuttered our my next sentence, clearly still in shock, "I-I'm sorry, w-what?"

He shrugged, "Gotoh said a master is in need of you. Didn't say who or for how long, he said to go the butlers quarters though."

I wanted to bounce up & down in joy, scream in joy. I wanted to be of help, I wanted something new to happen.

& IT FINALLY DID!

Chef laughed, "So, your relieved of your duties today. I hope to see you soon, Karma."

I wanted to burst out through the door & run down the halls to the butlers quarters...but I saw the sadness leaking through Chef's happy facade.

I clasped my hands together in front of me, "Chef, you know I'll be back, right?"

He nodded, as I continued, "& even though I don't pray to a god or anything, I still pray to whatever being that is there, that Lyric will have a speedy recovery. You two deserve the world."

Chef took off his hat, placing it over his chest. He gave a hearty laugh & a smile, "Bless you, Karma. You have a very kind soul...I'm happy to be able to trust & work with someone like you."

I chuckled, "The honors all mine. I'll see you soon, Chef."

& with two waves, I turned around & pushed the door open. My heart felt a little warm, knowing every single word was true. Standing outside the door for a few minutes, I sit in a comfortable silence.

After a few minutes pass by, I feel more steady. Closing my eyes for a second, I quickly flash them open, & dart down the hallways. I was going to be in MAJOR trouble if I was caught, so I made sure to keep an eye out.

I felt like laughing, & dancing, but I didn't want to draw that much attention onto myself. So I continued running down the halls, excitement feeling through every single part of me. Twisting down halls & curving on corners, I quickly arrive to my destination.

A few paces behind the butlers door, I calm down my breathing. I catch my breath, from the first time in forever running. I didn't feel sweaty or gross surprisingly, I felt free. I felt like something new happened.

& I also felt like my chest was having heart compulsions, but I tried to ignore that while I gasped for more oxygen to enter my system.

When I finally felt more calm & collected, I smoothed down my dress. I ran my fingers quickly through my hair, & fixed my headband to sit perfect on my head. I took a little breath, & knocked on the door.

Instantaneously, the door swung open. I jumped a little at the sudden action, seeing Gotoh standing there. He eyed me up & down, & without another word he moved over.

I walked straight into the nice & cozy quarters. This was the first time I had EVER seen the quarters. A nice furnished couch & an expensive couch laid in the middle of the room, with a brown coffee table sitting in front of it. A little station sat with a phone & a few other widgets like keys & a coffee cup. Besides that, in the back of the room laid a coffee machine & a table with other vases & other small & expensive decor.

He closed the door behind him with a loud thud. I walked to the middle of the room, turning to look at Gotoh. With a quick bow & a smile I finally speak, "Sir Gotoh, you have summoned me?"

He nodded staying quiet, I quickly added on, anticipating my new job, "So, where's the master?"

Gotoh raised an eyebrow & in a cold voice responded, "Miss Karma."

I quickly took his hint & bowed again muttering, "My apologizes Sir Gotoh. I didn't mean to get my excitement mixed into my job."

He hmphed, as he continued, "The master isn't here yet. They had bumped into me, & had asked for some maiden assistance by name. Even though I had already chosen another to help, but they insisted."

I looked at him. I wanted to question, but before my dumbass could open my mouth again to make another dumb comment, the door swung open. My posture straightened even further, as Gotoh bowed. I curtsied & closed my eyes, knowing straight away jt was the master.

"I'll leave you two be." Gotoh said, "If your done with your duties early Miss Karma, help Chef in the kitchen."

& with that, he left without another peep. I release myself from bowing, moving my gaze to look at the master I would be assisting today.

"Master, I'm most honored to be-" I cut myself off, my gaze meeting blue eyes.

I gasped, looking at Killua standing in front of me.

He grinned, "Happy to see me?"

I stared at him dumbfounded, before face palming, "I'm an idiot."

He came closer to me, as he ruffled my hair, causing me to pout, "Your just now realizing that?"

I rolled my eyes, "Who else would've called for my assistance by name? Je-"

Killua snorted, "You didn't realize it was me?"

I pushed him a little, "I'm tired okay? How did you even wind up doing that?"

He shrugged, "I'm a "master" as you guys say, so I get to call upon assistance. & even though I'm supposed to not get choice on who I get my assistance from, I got special choice from Gotoh."

I raised an eyebrow, "Gotoh? Gave you special treatment?"

Killua tsked, "Yeah, keep up. He has some sort of favoring to me or something? I don't know really, but it worked out, didn't it?"

I felt my face try to heat up, but I walked past Killua to the door with a small smile, "Maybe it did."

As we walked out, we started walking down a random hallway. We were silent, but I quickly stopped in my tracks causing Killua to follow.

"Wait, what are we doing?" I asked him, "I get that you called upon me, but I still have my job to do..."

Killua smirked, placing his hands in his pockets, "Well, lets just say I have a whole plan. Which, is what I was going to discuss with you before you drifted off to dreamland."

I tsked, "Shut up & get on with it."

Sticking his tongue out quickly, he continued, "Well, I'm not letting you work today."

I raised my eyebrow in question, "No way, that's not possible. Chef's plan was already risky & rare, there's no way you have something like that."

"Oh? You doubt me?"

"Just a lil."

Killua crossed his arms, "Baka! I'm an assassin, I have my ways around...so, my plan is going to work perfectly."

I bit my lip, causing him to roll his eyes. Out reaching his hand to me, he scoffed a little & muttered, "Take my hand & trust me. I'll make sure everything goes smoothly."

A second of hesitation would cause him to back down, & possibly get mad & upset. Luckily, my hand worked faster than my mind, & grasped his warm one.

Killua grinned, "Great, now lets get going."