fourteen

After the promise was made between us, Killua forced me to eat some berries. Which, I happily obliged to seeing how newly ripped they were. Killua happily followed behind me in indulging on these delicious berries, stuffing his face full of them.

We sat there chattering about the garden & just the most obscure things, whatever came to mind we just talked about. This lasted until we had of our share of berries, with plenty enough to bring back to Chef...even though he was probably not even in need of new berries yet.

"Now what?" I asked him, Killua still sitting close to me. His side was still touching mine. He was warm & soft from his clothing. He smelled of fresh chocolate, & now a hint of mixed berries. & his hair looked so fluffy & soft, I was almost tempted to touch it. But, I resisted anyways.

He rubbed his thumb & index finger on his chin thinking, "Well, we have a little bit longer until the dinner period. Is there anything else you want to do in the garden?"

I looked around, the sun still beaming, even though it was slowly turning to sunset. The bushes & stems still seemed to radiate a bright green, & all the colorful flowers seemed to beam brightly. It all still seemed like a dream to me.

He looked over to the patch of flowers I was admiring, as he quickly jumped off the swing. I looked at him, as he extended his hand out.

"Well, are you just gonna stare at me?" he joked, as I quickly took his hand.

He helped me up off the swing, a light dusty pink raising to my cheeks at the sudden contact. Killua walked me down the stone path, leading me to the flowers I had my eyes set upon. He bent down, in which I followed. He scanned the flowers for a little while, until he started plucking a few out of the ground.

I looked at him in horror, "Kil!"

Now sitting criss-cross on the ground, he stuck his tongue out as he got to work. Sitting on my knees with my hands on my lap, I overlooked him on what he was doing. He wove flowers together, tying them in little knots. I was confused on what in heavens he was doing.

A few flowers later, & he made...

A ring of flowers?

It was made up of a bunch of light blue pansises woven together by their stems. As I observed it, he smoothly got up onto his knees, bestowing it ontop of my head.

I felt it sit gently on my head, my headband adjusting a little to the lighter object placed on my head. I felt it gently, the petals were so soft...& the ring seemed to be so secure.

Before I could even ask Killua what it was, he confessed, "It's a flower crown. Me & my little sister used to make them before she went away."

I hummed in response, "I love it!"

He grinned, but it slowly dissipated as a wicked smile appeared on my face.

"Oh no. What are you thinking of." he asked, in fake fear.

I giggled, as I turned back to the flowers. I started plucking a few out of the ground, a few dasies. As soon as I got a good handful, I sat up straighter to reach Killua's head. Before he could even question, I started putting dasies in his fluffy hair.

He chuckled with a small sigh, "I should've guessed."

"I can't be the only flower princess!"

"Oh? & when did you become the flower princess?" he teased.

"Right here & right now." I stated, putting the last few dasies in his hair. They were scattered around, poking out here & there. There was no sign of the stems, showing how poofy his hair really was.

Killua purred seductively, "So, does that make me your flower prince?~"

I raised a finger to my lips, in thought before beaming, "NOPE! Your a flower princess too!"

Getting flustered, Killua stood up as I followed. He placed his arms behind his head to use as a cradle again, muttering curses under his breath about being a princess. We grabbed our baskets, & looked up at the sun again. It was darker now, telling us it was time to start heading back.

I felt dread in me, as I knew that I had to go back to normal routine. But, the promise that me & Kil made was still revved up in my heart...so at least I still had all of that going.

Killua led me to the exit, as I followed close behind on his heels. Before he opened the door, I abuprlty stopped him. He looked at me, as I sadly took off my beautifully woven crown.

He gave a small smile as I placed it in the basket, putting the cover on it so no one could see it.

"It was fun being a flower princess while it lasted." I gave a small laugh, starting to pull the daises from him hair, putting them into his basket.

"Well, you'll always be my flower princess." Killua admitted confidentally.

I pulled the last few daises from his hair, getting off my tippietoes from having to reach them. I slowly realized how close we were & what he just uttered. I quickly regained composure, & stood up straight with an awkward laugh, "Oy, better get going?"

He rolled his eyes, not even giving a response. He opened the door, leading the way down the steps & back down the halls. We quickly & quietly made our way back to the kitchen, where Chef was cleaning the dishes.

Looking over to us, he gave a tired small, "Welcome back kiddos. How was the garden?"

"Wonderful!" I exclaimed.

Killua tched' at me, "Chill, you're being embarrassing."

I nudged him in the side as Chef gave a hearty laugh, "Well, that's wonderful to hear. Killua, there's some dinner for you if you want some. The rest of the masters had it sent to there rooms. & Karma, your dismissed for the day. If you like, you can go to the quaters & deliver the food."

I bowed, "Thank you Chef...& I owe you."

He chuckled in response, "No need. Your help these past few years has been enough dear."

Killua gave a small smile, but it quickly disappeared under his cool facade. He walked over to the table that seemed ot have rolls & stew on it, & grabbed two rolls, "Thank you for the meal pops."

"Of course. The food for the quaters is in the fridge. It's a small tupperware container."

Knowing that, I headed to the fridge. I pulled it out, & headed out with Killua. I stood outside the door, looking at Kil, "So, where are you heading to now?"

"I was hoping to head down to the quaters with you. I don't think I've been over there." he explained, "Or maybe I have. Just need to jog my memory."

I snorted, "Your funny."

It was silent. No laughter.

He wasn't kidding...but boy, when is he ever about these sorts of things.

I gave a small sigh, as he shoved a roll into his mouth like a pig. I crinkled my nose at him, before starting to walk. He walked along beside me, as we both made quick haste down to the quaters.

Killua slowed down, handing me the roll. I took it generously, "But aren't you hungry?"

He shrugged, "I have a stash hidden in my room, & I can sneak out if I get hungry."

I sighed, but didn't turn it down. I scarfed down the bread quickly before reaching the quaters. Just before we turned the corner to it, Killua stopped me a few paces down.

"What?" I asked, getting slightly annoyed at the sudden stopping so frequently.

"I have an idea." Killua stated.