74 - like a virgin

Lucy Winters

Me and Harry just got to the restaurant and the waitress was walking us to the table when we saw a very familiar face.

"Niall?" Harry said and I shut my eyes closed and Harry stopped in his tracks.
"Your table is right over here I'll set the menus down" the waitress said and I gave her a smile.
"Thank you" I said and walked up next to Harry.

"Lucy, how are you?" Niall said and I looked over and saw a girl sitting across from him. She was very pretty, her hair was dark and short her eyes was big and I had a hard time telling what color they had cause the lightning was not that good.
"Hiii, we are good, how are you?" I asked and Niall looked at Harry and squinted his eyes.

"I'm good, uh this is Julia, Julia this is Lucy and Harry" Niall said and Harry put his hand out for her to shake.
"Nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you two" Julia said and I raised my brows. "Really? Well you two have a nice night, it was so nice meeting you as well" I said and pulled at Harrys arm.
"I bet we'll see you again soon, Niall see you at work tomorrow have good time you two" Harry said and when we sat down at our table across  from each other I sighed.

"See this is what I meant earlier, he's clearly been seeing her a while and we didn't even know" I said and Harry shook his head.
"I don't think he would've told us anyway, I knew he was seeing someone he's been on his phone smiling for weeks, and he doesn't say anything when I've asked him about it" Harry said and I sighed.
"I'm calling him tomorrow and I'll even go over there myself, you know what we should do? We should have them all come over on Friday, and we all could have dinner and like catch up" I said and Harry smiled.

"Sure, but I would prefer going to Niall's house since everyone is basically already there.. oh and I think your brother is seeing someone as well" Harry said.
"Excuse me what? And you're just telling me this now because?" I asked and started to look through the menu. And then looked back up at Harry.

"He just mentioned it when we had lunch last week, I don't know he just mentioned he's been on a date.. and then he waved it of" Harry said and I raised my brows.
"Have I been that far up my own ass that people don't wanna talk to me anymore?" I asked and felt my heart sink.
"Lucy no, I think they just don't want to go to you with stuff since we've been through quite a lot these past months... put Sloan told you everything when you asked about it, they know you care... and sometimes it's okay to take some time to think about yourself, and they understand love" he said and I nodded. "I bet Niall will tell you all about Julia if you ask him" Harry said and I looked over my shoulder and saw Niall holding her hand across the table.

"I would be so happy if she turns out to be amazing, it's been so long since he dated someone" I said and Harry nodded.
The waitress came and took our orders I ordered a vodka pasta, Harry ordered a gnocchi pomodoro. We both took a glass of red wine with our dinner.

"How school been this week?" Harry asked and I shrugged as I ate a piece of bread that was in front of me. "Fine, I have a really big essay for my economics class which sucks.. but other than that it's been fine. Feel strange that it's my last semester" I said and Harry smiled.
"I know, time flies.. maybe I can help you, I'm quite the businessman myself you know" he smirked and I shook my head.
"Oh shut it" I said and he chuckled and felt his knee touch mine under the table.

"Are you happy?" He asked and I looked over at him.
"What?" I asked and he tilted his head to the side.

"Are you happy Lucy? I mean I feel like I can't say that I'm feeling happy, it sometimes feels like it's too soon to become my normal self again. But I feel happy, except from work that doesn't make me very happy right now.. but seeing you becoming you again, makes me very happy" he said and I felt my heart swell in my chest.
"Yes, I am.. considering everything we've been through since last fall I'm okay. And I get what you mean when you say that sometimes it feels like we aren't allowed to be fine, but we are. We are allowed to be okay, and I think we have each other to thank for that. That we've loved each other through it all, as we said when we found out, one day at the time and we'll be alright" I said and reached for his hand and he brought the back of my hand to his lips and I smiled.