91 - william emergency

October 2019

Lucy Winters

We nailed the interview with our social worker Margaret.  We truly did, we had the interview last week, and me and Harry had tried to get his room together. We got one of those handmade decorative boats to put on a shelf we put over his bed. His bed haven't been delivered yet unfortunately, we ordered one a little bit smaller than the king sized bed that was in there now with a navy blue headboard that would fit perfectly in there.
We bought a few toys we thought he would like and we put a little table by the window where he could draw. We had set up both markers and crayons I think we bought every kind of pens they had at the bookstore.

It turned out great to be honest, I think he's going to love it.
So now everything is a waiting game. Me and Harry have been at three different schools the past week to see our options.
And now we are waiting for the social worker to get back to us.
Every time my phone rang i jumped, especially when Harry was calling. I was so hopeful that this wouldn't take long. We did the home study we had to do, we gave them all the papers like references and our criminal records.
And I couldn't stop thinking that me and Harry said something in our personal interview we did alone with the social worker. Like something that made the process become slower, and I know it's only been like a week and a half but I was hoping this wouldn't take longer than a week.
I knew that maybe my bipolar disorder could be a problem. I was very open about it in my interview with Margaret and I know she asked Harry about it as well, and I know he told her the truth. That I keep it in check with my medication and my routines, and that I'm fine.

"Lucy?" Harry said as he walked in to the living room.
I was just laying on the couch staring up in to the ceiling.
"Hm?" I said and turned my head to look at him. His cheeks were red and his T-shirt was drenched in sweat and he pulled it over his head so he was just wearing a pair of athletic shorts.
He went for a run and brought Nala with him and I was so deep in thought that I didn't ever hear them come back.
"Oh hi, you're back" I said and Harry furrowed his brows.
"Uh, yeah.. I've been trying to talk to you for the past five minutes, you ok?" He asked and sat down on the couch lifting my legs on to his lap.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I was just thinking" I said and he squeezed my leg. "About?"
"Why Margret haven't called us back yet, what if we screwed something up?" I said and Harry shook his head.
"We didn't do that love, usually this process takes months.. she was here a week and a half ago, she'll call just give it some time" Harry said and I sighed and gave him a nod.

"Yeah, I guess... how was your run?" I asked and he shrugged. "Good, I'm gonna go take a shower" Harry said and leaned over and gave me a kiss.
"Okay, I was thinking maybe we could look in to some wedding venues when you're done" I said and he gave me a nod before heading upstairs.
Me and Harry both agreed to have a movie night today and just stay in. It's been a hectic week for both of us and I think Harry is exhausted. I always thought that when he started at the publishing company he would work less than he did working for his dad but these first two months he's been working like crazy. And I really hope that it was only temporary. That it was just his way to get a hold of it.

I grabbed my computer from the kitchen before getting back on the couch and started to do a google search for wedding venues. I actually had this vision of maybe getting married down at the beach, by my parents beach house but I haven't ran that idea by Harry yet. And I also wanted him to have a say in this.
When Harry came back down he was shirtless only wearing a pair of shorts and he grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and a banana before sitting down in the corner of the couch.
"Come sit here" he said and spread his legs a bit and I got up and sat between his legs leaning on his torso with my laptop on my thighs.