22 - you make me happy

Harry Styles

Lucy was off during the rest of the dinner after Niall almost said something about me and Diane. I knew that relationship was unprofessional as hell, but it was a while ago. And I knew that Diane would let Lucy know if I didn't tell her soon enough.

"You brought Lucy" Charlie said and I nodded.
"I did" I said and saw Lucy talking to Niall by the exit.
"Must be serious, you've never brought anyone to something like this" he said and I nodded.
"She's special" I said and he patted my shoulder.

"I can tell" he said and I smiled as I looked at her

"I can tell" he said and I smiled as I looked at her. She looked absolutely breathtaking. Her tight dress was hugging her fit body and I knew she wasn't wearing anything underneath which almost made me take her to the bathroom to just get a taste of her.
I looked back at Charlie and he smirked at me and I looked down at my Gucci boots before I looked back at him.
"You know, she would be good for your company. She's good as hell with analytics and stats. Don't tell her but I looked up her GPA and it's high as fuck" I said and Charlie chuckled.

"Is she looking for something to do during the summer?" He asked and I nodded.
"She is, she mentioned she wanted an internship" I said and he gave me a nod.
"I'll see what I can do" he said and I nodded. He said his goodbyes and I walked over to Lucy and placed a kiss on her cheek and she looked at me with a little bit of disappointment in her eyes and then she looked away and looked back at Niall.

"You ready to go?" I asked and she gave me a nod.
"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow Niall. If you don't have the Chinese food by our door by six I'll be disappointed" she told him and he chuckled.

"Yes mam, won't disappoint I promise" he said and Lucy smiled before giving him a hug.

"Golf Saturday?" He asked and I gave him a nod.
"Not to early" he added and I rolled my eyes.

"eleven Niall" I said and he sighed and then gave in.
Justin was already waiting for us outside and opened the car door for us as we stepped in. I put up the window and looked at Lucy who was staring out the window.

"Why are you so quiet" I said making her look at me.
"There is something you're not telling me about her" she said and I sighed and looked away from Lucy for a second before meeting her blue eyes again.

"I don't know what to tell you Lucy, I use to fuck her. A lot actually, and she's married" I said and Lucy didn't look shocked at all. She just  nodded and waited for me to tell her more.
"And she seems to believe that you are bad for my career, that I won't be focused when you're around" I said and Lucy looked away and stared out the window again.
"Maybe she's right" Lucy said and looked back at me. At this point I wanted to know what went through her head. I could tell it was bothering her, a lot actually.

"She's not, why do you say that" I said and she looked down and played with the rings on her fingers and shrugged.
"I don't know, I'm just saying, you're a little bit older and what if we want different things. You can't say you haven't thought about it" she said and honestly I haven't. Not for a second had it crossed my mind that Lucy might want to go somewhere else after she's done with school or maybe study somewhere else. She was young she had her entire life in front of her I already knew where mine was headed.