89 - put yourself in her position

Harry Styles

"Yeah, I'm pulling up right now" I said to Lucy over the phone and she just hummed an answer and hung up the phone. We were a tiny bit upset with each other today unfortunately. It started last night when my phone dinged while I was in the shower and Lucy took a tiny little peek to see it was Tara texting me and she went in to my phone right as I stepped out to our bedroom and I guess I called her out on it.
And I didn't like that she invaded my privacy like that, she could read all the messages on my phone but she did it without asking. Which made me quite angry to be honest and she kept telling me I had something to hide which I didn't. And yeah I guess you can figure out the rest, we slept on each sides of the bed and she had left for the gym early this morning so she wasn't home when I left for work and now I was on my way to pick her up before we are picking my mother up from the airport.

She stood outside our house waiting when I pulled up in our driveway. She was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a T-shirt her hair was put up in a ponytail and walked towards the car and I could tell by the look on her face she wasn't done with this argument.
"Hi" I said and leaned in and she raised her brows at me. "C'mon love, are you still annoyed?" I asked and she crossed her arms over her chest and sighed.

"Yes, I know you still are too so why are you acting like you're not" she said and I knew that was true.
"And I'm not annoyed I'm upset with you.. maybe angry even" she said and I sighed.

"I'm not gonna back down on this and you know it, I didn't like you going through my phone and I don't understand how you would just think that's okay" I said and she shook her head. "Cause I assume you've got nothing to fucking hide and I wouldn't care if you looked at my phone" she said and I shook my head.

"I've got nothing to hide but it bothers me that you don't trust me enough to just ask why she's texting me, it's not like I would've lied to you" I said she sighed. "Then why did you get so fucking angry at me" she yelled and I flinched not prepared for her to yell.
"Because it bothers me that you still don't trust me Lucy, that bothers me.. and that is what makes me angry" I said and she sighed and looked out the window. "And we've talked about why" she said and turned her head to look at me again.

"yes and have you ever thought about how it makes me feel? How it makes me feel that my fiancée doesn't trust me enough so she has to go through my phone" I said and looked at her for a second and I could se her facial expression change.
"So why can't you just apologize for once in your life" I said and she turned her head and raised her brows.

"It's, I- you know why, and why haven't you told me she tried to contact you" she said and I sighed.
"No cause as you saw when you read my texts last night I haven't responded to her any other time when I told her I wasn't interested when she invited me over" I yelled back as I pulled up to the airport parking lot.
"But if you want to here have the fucking phone go through everything you wanna go through, and see for yourself that I've got nothing to hide" I yelled and pulled the phone out of my pocket at threw it on her lap and got out of the car after I parked it and I heard the car door slam shut and I turned around too see Lucy walk over to me.
"Harry" she said and I stopped and waited for her.

"No, I don't want to talk about this right now, I'm going to say something I'm going to regret so let's just go get my mum and go home" I said and I saw her wipe a tear and it made my heart clench a bit but I also knew I always give in to fast.
Lucy didn't respond we just kept walking inside the airport and stood by the arrivals for the international flights. "Harry can we please talk about this when we get home?" I heard Lucy say and I turned my head and looked at her. And fuck it made my heart literally hurt, she looked sad and like she was regretting everything she'd said since last night.