Chapter 135: Nightmare (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Chang Zai Qing had been in the Shen residence for a long time, thus she naturally knew about the matter of the lack of heirs in the Third Household. Chen Rou Qiu and Old Shen Furen got into conflicts about it almost daily. It was just that she did not expect that Shen Miao would actually talk to her about the matter. Shen Miao was after all an unmarried young lady, so it would be somewhat awkward to mention about matters in the Third Household. However Shen Miao spoke those words naturally as if this was a matter not worth mentioning, making Chang Zai Qing unable to differentiate if Shen Miao was naïve or prematurely wise.

“With Third Furen’s kindness, sons and grandsons will pervade the hall.” Chang Zai Qing went along with Shen Miao’s words.

“Naturally one would like to compare the First and Third Household.” Shen Miao picked up the tea cup and blew at the tea leaves floating on the surface before smiling, “One civil, one military. Both courtyards only have one matriarch but fortunately our residence is better as we still have our Eldest Brother. He is also reaching the age to marry. After some time, one would help to pick a good marriage in the Ding capital. With a SaoSao and later a nephew, this house would be bustling.” Shen Miao seemed to be somewhat pleased, “But the Third Household is not as lively as our Eldest Household.”

Chang Zai Qing initially thought that Shen Miao was being childish and sulky with the Third Household but after listening to everything, she seemed to have suddenly thought about something and her facial expression changed.

Correct. In Shen Xin’s residence, Luo Xue Yan is stupid, straightforward and was not oversensitive. The inner courtyard was clean so it was not difficult to put things in order. But she had forgotten that there was still one Shen Qiu. He was Luo Xue Yan’s Di eldest son and was young and promising. In addition to marrying a wife of a strong family, even if she did not contend or vie, she would still be suppressed.

Shen Miao saw the changes in Chang Zai Qing’s face and her eyes became cold.

In the previous life, when Chang Zai Qing finally stayed in Shen Xin’s inner courtyard, Shen Qiu was no longer around, and Shen Miao was already married into Prince Ding’s residence. There was no threat for Chang Zai Qing in the entire inner courtyard at all. With such a smooth sailing route, how would Chang Zai Qing not grab on such a good opportunity?

But it was not the same now as Shen Qiu was perfectly well. With a living and healthy Di eldest son here, the possibility of Chang Zai Qing being the wife would forever not come true.

What kind of route would this female, who love to scheme and weigh the pros and cons clearly, choose?

Shen Miao twirled the cakes on the table and smiled, “It is a real pity for Third Shu. Originally when ZhuFu (aka Grandfather) was still around, he apparently said that Third Shu was the most intelligent in the Shen family. He was dignified and scholarly, if he had a son, he would be as smart as him. Unfortunately the Third household only have Second Older Sister, a daughter. Now that Second Older Sister almost reached the age to get married, when she does, there would only be Third Shu and Third Shen, two people in the Third household. It would be too lonely.”

Chang Zai Qing was originally listening absent-mindedly, but her heart moved upon hearing Shen Miao’s words.

Speaking of which, Shen Xin’s and Shen Wan’s inner courtyard were almost similar. Both only had one woman and both were so called sentimental. And speaking of that, Shen Yue was also two years older than Shen Miao and would be married off soon and since there were no sons in the Third household, it was even hard to come by.

“Qing Yi’s and Third Shen’s temperament is similar and there are some small differences in demeanour. Both speak gently and have knowledge of many literary pursuits. If one did not know, one would thought that both of you are a pair of sisters.” Shen Miao looked at Chang Zai Qing with a probing gaze and spoke unhurriedly, “But in my opinion, Qing Yi is more outstanding than Third Shen because Qing Yi is younger.”