Chapter 30

Jeongyeon

She smiled at the familiar faces that passed by as she rushed forwards.
A lot of idols were there. Some of them she knew well, some not so much. Nevertheless she gave all of them a courteous nod.

A cold gush of wind greeted her as she finally found the entrance to the large stage of the Lotte Family Concert.
She was thankful to be wearing a jacket over her white blouse but the short plaid skirt wasn't doing her poor bare legs any favours.

Most of her bandmates were already there with the exception of Tzuyu and Sana whom she had left in the restroom to hurry here.
They were up next and she took deep breaths, trying to calm her nerves.

She always felt slightly anxious before any performance or public appearance, however this day felt different.
It was more anticipation than anxiety.
A mixture of both apprehension and excitement was throbbing in her veins.

The last of the previous occupants of the stage finally made their way back and entered the same open space they were hustling about in.
It was quite dark but her eyes easily recognised the graceful outline of his figure.
She couldn't mistake it even if she wanted to.
Her mind was telling her to stop staring but her eyes didn't obey. Perhaps they were more confident due to the lack of light.

Unexpectedly he turned and walked towards her.
There was a shorter route to the exit door but he seemed to choose to walk past her.
She was half aware of the other girls chatting along as usual but her senses were taken over by him.

She felt her heartbeat increase to an unpleasant pace as he got closer.
His appearance became clearer to her as the distance lessened and her eyes involuntarily travelled down his body; taking in the dishelved short blond hair, the sweat-drenched white t-shirt that clung to his well defined chest and the jeans which were ripped in oddly provocative places.

"Calm the fuck down" she told  herself inside her head.

He was now very close and her eyes met his as he walked in front of her.
And for the first time ever she managed to maintain eye contact with Park Jimin.

Neither of them looked away, even as he passed her, his shoulder slightly brushing hers.
And then he was gone.

She almost didn't notice Min Yoongi following behind him and hurriedly dipped into a bow which he politely returned.

She turned back towards her friends and thankfully they seemed to be occupied with their own discussions.
She supposed what had seemed like an eternity to her had actually been a minute or two for everyone else who wasn't in love with Jimin.

Jeongyeon sighed, cringing internally at herself.

Jimin

He removed his phone from the charger and  put it inside his Chanel shoulder bag.
They were all packing up their belongings to leave the premises.
Their staff took care of most of this task, so all they had to do was make sure they didn't leave any personal items behind.
He was back in the sweatpants and green sweater that he had worn to the arena.

He stepped out of the dressing room and felt a cold breeze caress his open neck.
Normally he wouldn't wander about without his members but everyone was taking an eternity to get ready and he couldn't stand the congested dressing room.

He walked down a random aisle and looked up to see the vast sky staring down at him.

"Wow" he whispered in wonder.

The moon was a beautiful half-crescent and millions of stars sparkled around it.
The sky was devoid of any clouds.

This was his favourite part about this particular arena. It was open....everywhere.
The only enclosed parts of the entire structure were dressing and maintenance rooms.
Everything else was hand in hand with the outside.